Corner blinkers always on after a fix at the shop

farmerisme

Hey I'm not to savvy with cars... but I just had some work done to replace my bumper and one of the corner signal lights on my 96 accord...

Now both the front corner signals (the ones next to the headlights) stay on with the headlights and do not blink with the turn signals. The signals on the bottom (on the bumper) still blink with the turn signal. I know for a fact that it was not set up that way before the work got done...

Does anyone know how the wiring works with this? Is there just seperate wires, one for headlight on and one for signals? Not sure if one is normal or if it is just preference... it isn't the end of the world that it is set like this (other than from the side it may be hard to see that my turn signal is on).

Is this something that can easily be rewired? I wonder if when they unhooked everything and rehooked it that they just switched it? Any ideas?

That's weird...but the main thing is that you paid for the work to be done, take it back and make them correct it, there is no excuse for them letting it leave that way, they should have checked the lights and caught that.

Probably just a ground or something though, nothing major, but still shouldn't be your problem.

I thought my corner lights were blinkers too, until I took my bumper off and realized I had no blinkers. Then I came to the conclusion the lights on my bumpers are the blinkers, the corner lights are well.. just corner lights that come on with you regular lights or they also come on just by themselves.

It would be pretty difficult to wire up your corner lights to not flash if they did so before. Unless some major rewiring was done, I will guess they never flashed before.

I know for a fact that it was not set up that way before the work got done...

It would be pretty difficult to wire up your corner lights to not flash if they did so before. Unless some major rewiring was done, I will guess they never flashed before.