GTX 260 Alt Tab

akaM2

I can load up the game fine, play for hours and everything is ok. However if I alt tab from CSS to XP then back to CSS my game looks like some models are in grey scale, I have attached a few ingame photos to show how it looks. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

With Speedfan the hottest my vid card gets is 60c, however I can duplicate this as soon as the game loads if I alt tab so I dont feel it is a heating issue.

I have tried 2 different drivers, currently using 180.43_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta from guru3d

alttab1.jpg

alttab2.jpg

I would suggest not using beta's and not using 3rd party drivers. Use the acutal NVidia drivers from their page. Also make sure you properly uninstall the old drivers and clean out the registry before installing the new ones. DO NOT install new drivers over old ones.

It looks like a specular or bumpmap problem from the way the textures look. Try deleting your config and autoexec if you are using one, and let the game reset itself.

ALT - TAB has always been an issue no matter what card you are running in source, if you do it during a map change, or while in the splash screen before or between joining a new server it will do that or, better yet, when I do it, you get the purple textures and boxes.

Try WHQL certified drivers from NVidia first, see what that does.