Top Console Games of 2008

anonymo

So, in an effort to blatantly copy what's going on on in the PC forums, lets see some lists!

1- Fallout 3

2- GTA IV

3- Gears of War 2

4- Dead Space

5- Burnout Paradise/Fable II

Honorable Mentions:

6- Castle Crashers

7- Far Cry 2

8- COD 4/5

9- Valve Games

10- Assassin's Creed

We should get a poll going once we can figure out maybe 5 games to vote on, you know, incase anyone was wondering how many people would vote for Fallout 3 in a poll.

Note: I don't own a PS3/Wii so if you want to add some of your favourites to the list from those systems feel free. I will point out that MGS4 is a movie, not a game.

Since I have a 360 and a Wii, I'll break it down by system. I played a bunch of 360 stuff this year so not everything could make the list, but here are the most memorable ones at the moment. Keep in mind I bought my Wii this year and have already purchased all the good games in existence for it (amounts to about 8 games ;))

Xbox360:

1. Fallout 3

2. Gears of War 2

3. Dead Space

4. GTAIV

5. Assassin's Creed/Prince of Persia (tie)

Honorable Mention:

Mass Effect - I put 60+ hours into it in this calendar year. Put a ton of time into it last year, and doing it all over again after all that time had passed (and max-ing out my achievements) was awesome.

Wii:

1. Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

2. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (the definitive version imo)

3. Super Mario Galaxy

4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

5. Okami

Honorable Mentions:

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Boom Blox (get past the "childish" exterior and combined with the fact my wife actually likes to play this with me, and it can be pretty addicting.)

I will point out that MGS4 is a movie, not a game.

ROFL

• 2 weeks later...

rofl i didnt even fully read through all the posts before posting. i am teh failzures. Anyways, yes MGS4 is half movie, half game, but I loved every minute of it because it had a great plot/storyline. And since you don't own a PS3, who are you to say its a movie? Have you played the whole game through? Nowadays I like a good storyline rather than just blast em and shootem up constantly or I'm not entertained, CS:S being the only exception.

Edited by samurai nightling