windows7 / nvidia 7800gtx

stutters

i just got my desktop back up and installed win7. anytime the UAC pops up and does the focus / fade to black, my entire screen flickers. any particular drivers i should look at (3rd party), or should i just grab the latest nvidia-vista ones?

i just got my desktop back up and installed win7. anytime the UAC pops up and does the focus / fade to black, my entire screen flickers. any particular drivers i should look at (3rd party), or should i just grab the latest nvidia-vista ones?

Grab the latest Vista drivers. They should work but you may need to install in Vista compatibility mode if they will not install normally.

Yeah, he could do that Dweez but it looks like the screen is refreshing because of the driver. I could be wrong.

As for doing the compatibility mode thing, just right click on the executable file and go to the compatibility tab. Even a Mac user should be able to handle this.

GC Alumni

Thanks zd (and lol).

Could you make a screencast showing the steps involved with this "right click." I usually click with my left hand. You're saying I need to click the mouse against the screen with my right hand? Wish me luck!