List of Most effective Antivirus apps against newest Malware/Spyware

ZeroDamage

avira is pretty good on the CPU usage i believe; the only bad thing about it is that every night when it updates, if you have the trial version, it will pop up a window asking you to upgrade to the full version

Yeah, I used to use Mcafee on my last computer, but I am currently using Avira for my new one. Much less CPU usage in comparison. The reason could have been that my computer was older (it's about 2 and a half years old now), but the updating and scanning was really heavy for some reason.

4. Our detection rates represent the TRUE POSITIVE detection rates. The results do not take into consideration the false positive rate of a given tool, and thus a tool that declares everything to be infected would appear to have the highest true positive percentage rate.

I'll just make an AV that says everything is a virus, and get the best rating on their test.....

My little Kaspersky got 8th, which is surprising, I would think it would be higher... but considering the others are free, and that is what everyone wants, then you would obviously have more people working extremely hard to keep 50% of the worlds population from crashing..

found it funny that nod32 is second last. then i noticed they used an extremely outdated version. v3 has been out for over a year now.

also, all that data is VERY vague. it doesn't specify version info for the most part nor does it specify how recently it was updated.

3. Please be aware that most antivirus vendors WILL be able to detect the malware binaries listed in the missed set, usually within a few days. Therefore you should not view an antivirus tool's missed binaries list as a reflection of its current detection coverage. Rather, it is only a list of binaries that were missed at the time of our evaluation.

makes me wonder why they even bothered with this. two days from now that entire list could be reversed...