Looking for a PDA

Preacher

I would really like is a PDA style like the Palm Lifedrive or even better would be one of the windows type PDA like the Dell Axium or HP Ipaq. My problem is I'm low on cash but am looking for this for a trip I'm taking in June. I'm going to have a lot of down time because I'll be on the beach for 10 days then I'll be getting knee replacement surgery the next week with a 3 week recovery where a bunch of it will have me in bed. Anyway I thought it would be nice to have something I could easily maneuver in a laying down position that would have wifi internet and play movies (preferably through an SD card slot since I got 4 of those 16gb SD cards when they were on sale last xmas)

Anyway if anyone sees a good deal or even better if anyone has one they don't need let me know.

My email is vipreacher@gamil.com

1) Today = Dell Mini 9 - $209 shipped

2) Older notebook = cheap...

3) I have a Dell Axim X50v. They can be had used for around the $100 mark. The X51v is essentially the same thing but with just a few hardware tweaks under the hood but those will go for more. Either one you will want to "explore" the net for the unofficial opsys flashes - WinMo 6.1 is the latest avail and has been hacked to work with these Dells - WinMo 6.5 with the tricked out Zune-like interface is still a ways off plus the additional time for people to care to hack it to work with these guys.

The advantage with the first two options is that you won't need to do any heavy lifting to get movies onto them - with the PDAs you will need either software to convert down the movies to fit or to find a source for them...

Surfing the net with these PDAs is more of a functional thing than an enjoyable thing - browsers have historically been kind of ignored for them - there are some better ones out now - just don't expect the moon, stars, etc.

Last option would be a used iTouch, net is fairly smooth (minus the occasional crash), plenty of free programs in the App Store, but no SD card slot so you are a little locked in there - unless you jailbreak of course... Used 16 gig iTouchs in the low $200 range atm.

-Fk

I was looking at the netbooks. Found one around $179 shipped but I'll be locked into this stuped brace and stuck on my back so I was hoping for something handheld. Maybe I should just ask for an extra perscription of sleeping pills so I can just sleep through it lol

unrelated, but possibly helpful.. my girlfriend is an orthopedic pa, she's in the OR 3-4 days a week doing total knee replacements, etc.. if you have any questions feel free to channel them through me and I'll have her reply. good luck!

1. The iphone doesn't work with my carrier

2. Phone without an acivation with a carrier is expensive as crap

3. Apple is da debil

I really like the ipaq 210. I've been watching a few of them on ebay and they sell pretty high, but maybe I'll get lucky :)