Help!

YoMamma

Uh, I was trying to fix my video card (VooDoo5) since it only ran 3dfx for Halflife since i installed Windows XP. Well, first I tried to update using the cd which came with the card, but it said Only Runs on Windows95/98. Next, I download and install a Windows 2000/ME patch which is supposed to fix it. During instalation it said it requimended I stopped the instation, but I continued. After it was done I tried CS and tried to change the Video Mode. Now not only did OpenGL not work, but 3dFx also does not work. So, I uninstalled it, reinstalled a Win9x update and now they both still dont work. But, my comp now detects OpenGL and Glide along with 3dfx, when it didnt b4.

so how do i fix cs? reinstall?

Hmm.. just want to clarify a couple things. Is your graphics card properly

showing in your device manager?

I'm going to move topic to the techies forum. It will likely get better views there.

:ph34r:

3dfx IS OpenGL, they just have a specialized .dll for it. You select OpenGL then choose either Default or 3dfx. The video options are OpenGL, Direct3D, or Software Mode.

If you have a Voodoo card, you should be using 3dfx as your mode, other chipsets, Default.

My previous computer (which I still have and am setting Linux up on) is an old Compaq Presario 5280. I came with an integrated 4MB AGP video card and NO AGP slot for upgrade. I was on a budget crunch at the time so I got 2 Voodoo2 1000s and linked them via the SLI cable that came with them. It still sucked but was better than my integrated.