GC June UT Throwdown

Flitterkill

I hopped online last night to a pub to see if my internet connection was any better. It's still choppy as all getout. The ping is in the 30-50 range, but it must be packetloss that makes the game nearly unplayable.

Oh, and this was the first time playing UT2k4 in about 8 months. Is there anyone left playing besides jerks and nubs? One guy by the name of <X> (hopefully not xrazer) got on my case because I flipped a map, challenging me to a 1x1 in DM shortly before ragequitting.

I miss the GC UT server days.

GC Board Member

Nope - that's pretty much it. Bw and Wentz and maybe others still Freeze TAM but otherwise, as far as ONS goes, there are about 3 or 4 servers that are still full, but the maps are predominantly gimicky/spam maps.

Unless you are talking about demo servers. Plenty of those, with just the kind of people you'd imagine.

Better players on UT3 but if you don't like the game...

-Fk

Yep, it's a sad state of affairs. UT in general is in pretty bad shape. I was kind of disappointed there was no new UT announcement at E3 but I guess there's little reason to expect there to have been either.

I usually play some everyday and it's hard to find ONS servers. Haven't been playing freon much at all, the server I like has issues with my connection and I havent seen Wentz in weeks, think he's lost in WoW again.

I can verify the 1v1 weenies, Unclean described them to a tee. They make me laugh when you kill them they always have an excuse.

Isn't Huxly coming out pretty soon, and I thought that is going to take the place of UT. If its better than UT3 than I'm sure it will. Not so sure about a MMO in that though.

Seems Huxley just finished phase 2 of beta testing whatever that means. The game has been in production for so long and there is no hype, so I figure they have about 8 more phases of beta till game launch. :blink:

GC Board Member

http://huxley.ijji.com/

The game is going to be released as a downloadable-only.

There was a very private beta ongoing for some time.

The Closed Beta Test 1 which involved a limited amount of content just ended 3 days ago (lasted over a week)

Closed Beta Test 2 starts in early-mid July and will include nearly all content from the game.

If I can get some beta keys I'll post up here, otherwise you can subscribe/join FilePlanet as they are going to allow some of those folks into CBT2.

NDA means Flitterkill can't say anything else right now.

-Fk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I've missed you all. I'm anxiously awaiting for StarCraft 2 to come out. Just playing UT2K4 here in there to kill time. What's everyone up to nowadays? Well, hopefully everyone is doing well. Hope to see you guys around. I usually play on DW or Omni's server.

Unclean, no that was not me. LOL!

Hey Guys,

I've missed you all. I'm anxiously awaiting for StarCraft 2 to come out. Just playing UT2K4 here in there to kill time. What's everyone up to nowadays? Well, hopefully everyone is doing well. Hope to see you guys around. I usually play on DW or Omni's server.

Unclean, no that was not me. LOL!

Haha - I got the email notification that you replied to this topic, and I thought "ooh, now I can ask!", but when I read your post, it was like you left a shock combo answer in my face.