is it possible...

Sedah

is it possible...to use a ps3 as my blu-ray player for my pc?, I don't wanna waste an extra 100$+ on a blu-ray drive when I already have a ps3...IF so, how would I go on by doing this?

thanks in advance, Sedah.

is it possible...to use a ps3 as my blu-ray player for my pc?, I don't wanna waste an extra 100$+ on a blu-ray drive when I already have a ps3...IF so, how would I go on by doing this?

What type of monitor do you have?...and What outputs does a ps3 have?...DVI, HDMI, VGA, Composite?...

I can hook up 1 DVI, 1 Composite, 1 VGA, and one S-vid to my monitor and then change inputs...have you tried that? If the ps3 does have any of those outputs, and you have a halfway decent LCD then you should be able...

What type of monitor do you have?...and What outputs does a ps3 have?...DVI, HDMI, VGA, Composite?...

I can hook up 1 DVI, 1 Composite, 1 VGA, and one S-vid to my monitor and then change inputs...have you tried that? If the ps3 does have any of those outputs, and you have a halfway decent LCD then you should be able...

ps3 uses hdmi, and its gon b used on a 24" monitor. what Id like to do is use it as my computer's blu-ray player [acting like it was my blu-ray drive], I dont wanna keep switchin inputs, would like to use it in windows; so when I put in a bd on, it plays on my screen w/out doin any inputs switch.

(edited)

hdmi to vga adapter right? you can find them for really cheap

ebay

that particular cable is also hdtv adaptable to

naw, i already have a hdmi port on my monitor so I can plug it straight in...

what I was lookin for was that I want to use it as my windows media player and play blu-rays thru der instead of a seperate blu-ray drive...

EDIT*** FOUND THE SOLUTION [after searchin and search around] link, http://www.ehow.com/how_5108527_use-windows-media-player-ps.html

it makes your ps3 your windows media player, exactly what I was lookin for lol :luxhello:

Edited by Sedah

hdmi to vga adapter right? you can find them for really cheap

ebay

that particular cable is also hdtv adaptable to

naw, i already have a hdmi port on my monitor so I can plug it straight in...

what I was lookin for was that I want to use it as my windows media player and play blu-rays thru der instead of a seperate blu-ray drive...

EDIT*** FOUND THE SOLUTION [after searchin and search around] link, http://www.ehow.com/how_5108527_use-windows-media-player-ps.html

it makes your ps3 your windows media player, exactly what I was lookin for lol :luxhello:

From what I can see that's just media sharing off your PC in the same way a 360 will play video, music, pictures etc. from your PC over the network.

I think I'm correct in saying that it does not work in reverse, your PC will function as a server with your PS3 being the player, you can't stream the other way...