Dragon Age: Origins

lousiest

• 4 months later...

Anyone played (and enjoyed) this? I've read some good things about it and was considering picking it up when the price drops a little. If Mass Effect 2 wasn't coming out next week, I might have already picked it up.

Feedback, people, I need feedback.

Anyone played (and enjoyed) this? I've read some good things about it and was considering picking it up when the price drops a little. If Mass Effect 2 wasn't coming out next week, I might have already picked it up.

Don't like it. I don't know, I loved the KOTOR series and it plays fairly similar but I feel very constricted in this game and I didn't find it all that fun. This might be because I got the 360 version which doesn't allow the isometric viewpoint. I just find it a pain to control my party, and it hinders my enjoyment.

Also, might be a bit too "dragon-y" for your tastes, wait for ME2

Don't like it. I don't know, I loved the KOTOR series and it plays fairly similar but I feel very constricted in this game and I didn't find it all that fun. This might be because I got the 360 version which doesn't allow the isometric viewpoint. I just find it a pain to control my party, and it hinders my enjoyment.

Also, might be a bit too "dragon-y" for your tastes, wait for ME2

Dragon-y doesn't scare me off too much (I got sucked in big-time by Oblivion, although I still need to go finish it - got too distracted by side quests). ME2 definitely gets priority. I'll have to give this one a second look down the line I suppose and get more 360-related feedback. Unfortunately, my laptop probably doesn't have the horsepower to do it justice, so that may not be an option.

I have it on PC and really like it a lot, then again, I get the multiple views on it too. With a mouse/keyboard combo it is pretty dern easy to control my party.

It is a resource hog, I think, but my laptop handles it just fine: ASUS G72 with a 260GTX (1GB of dedicated RAM). I have the settings cranked, but I'm sure with a little downplay an older system could handle it.

I'm loving the game thus far though--the plot is good (though complex), and the voice acting is pretty good too (for the most part). The conversation choices are a little more complex and intricate when compared to Mass Effect and KOTOR, but that's a good thing. I.E. the jerk choices aren't always in the same spot, and it's not nearly as black & white.

All-in-all, I'd definitely go with the PC version; I use the iso-view in every single fight, just about. It's a MAJOR help.

Sounds to me like my 2.0Ghz Core2Duo and 7900gs aren't going to cut it. (native res on my screen is 1920x1200)

I'm running Windows 7 64 with 4gb of ram, but I'm guessing the bottle necks are too outdated here.

*sigh*

I've got it on the 360. To be honest, I played for about the first 20-30 minutes and thought I'd just wasted some money (oh no, not another Two Worlds)..........

I've now played it through twice and am on my third time, looking forward to playing through Return to Ostagar and Awakening when it comes out.

I think my initial impression was getting accustomed to the camera angle, but when I'd got over that, it's a great game, huge story and I got pretty hooked on it.

I've got it on the 360. To be honest, I played for about the first 20-30 minutes and thought I'd just wasted some money (oh no, not another Two Worlds)..........

I've now played it through twice and am on my third time, looking forward to playing through Return to Ostagar and Awakening when it comes out.

I think my initial impression was getting accustomed to the camera angle, but when I'd got over that, it's a great game, huge story and I got pretty hooked on it.

Sounds like once I've exhausted myself on ME2 I need to give this a rent for 360. I wasn't sure about ME1 at first, and rented it for a week as well. Seems like the way to go with this one.

Sounds to me like my 2.0Ghz Core2Duo and 7900gs aren't going to cut it. (native res on my screen is 1920x1200)

I'm running Windows 7 64 with 4gb of ram, but I'm guessing the bottle necks are too outdated here.

*sigh*

Actually, I think it'd run on there--you would just have to turn off some of the fancier graphics settings (i.e., shadows and reflections). It's a great game though.

• 3 months later...

FYI, I'm totally hooked on this game. The combat is not at all what I was expecting, but I'm loving it. So glad I got it for PC as well, I use the iso-view constantly.

My only slight nag is that I was expecting it to look more impressive graphically. I've got everything cranked and it's about on par with Mass Effect 1 for 360, in my opinion. Perhaps I shouldn't have played Crysis before this :wiggle2:

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this last night - LOVED it. I'm going to take a break to play RDR, but will pick up Awakening expansion in the near future.

Any console gamers who didn't play through this game because they didn't care for gameplay, try to find a way to play it on PC. The iso view is absolutely critical for combat, in my opinion.

My only slight complaint is I felt like there should have been more side quest type stuff to complete than I did. I might have missed something. Still put in almost 70 hours though.

. Still put in almost 70 hours though.

Around 50 hours at 10ish level right now. Seems like there is plenty to do, just have to look around for it. I have about 15-20 quests open right now.

In retrospect, I did a TON of stuff. Made it to level 22, so obviously I did a lot. The time I spent with it certainly seemed to go fast. I guess I kept looking at the %complete thing and by the time I "finished" the game, it only said 39% or something. Maybe the other % is the stuff that I couldn't do because of the choices I made or the other origin stories.