windows installer no worky

Fairweather

for the past few months i've been unable to install/uninstall pretty much anything important, there's about 30 updates waiting to be installed aswell my windows messenger no longer works as it tells me i need to get the new version.. but i cant install the new version

I can't find any solutions on the web that has worked yet so i decided i might aswell just upgrade to windows 7... windows 7 wont install until i uninstall certain programs on my computer (itunes/panda antivirus ect.) which of course is impossible as my windows installer wont work anymore

dear god somebody help me before i throw this thing off a bridge

Spare hard drive, put all your files on it, then format and install Windows.

i put all my important files on a spare drive but i cant figure out how to format with the windows 7 disk, when i put it in and then select install it goes to some "checking compatibility" screen thing, then tells me i need to uninstall crap

I don't know about Windows 7; is that a full install disk? If so you can format with any disk and then just install. An XP install disk should let you do partitions and if you destroy the one that's there it has to create a new one to install on.

put the disk in, restart the computer and it'll boot from the dvd.

i dont know why, nothing happens when i restart with the disk... lol i'm not even surprised at this point

do you have your boot options set correctly in the bios?

i dont know why, nothing happens when i restart with the disk... lol i'm not even surprised at this point

maybe not, i've never messed with the bios before tho/ would selecting the return to default option possibly fix that?

maybe not, i've never messed with the bios before tho/ would selecting the return to default option possibly fix that?

possibly. default settings should have cd/dvd rom booting before hard drive...