Welcome to GC 2.0 or something...

Flitterkill

I've been away for awhile and am still behind on membership but have dedicated myself the last week or so to catching up on a number of GC things.

As we said when we flipped over to IPB3, there were going to be some bumps; that and also a lack of a skin suitable for us. Cethin was a stop-gap dark skin to keep the hordes that could not stand the brightness of the default skin from storming the gate. I think we are in a much better place now. This is a hacked version of the Underground skin from Skinbox and it would seem to suit us quite fine.

Other stuff? New logo suitable for stamping on numerous things. Real time actual honest-to-god chat is now built in. Click the chat button and wait about 10 seconds for the module to load. You can embed your steam *community* profile into your IPB member profile. Our GC home page is somewhat relevant again and will only get better as we build it out some more (note: redirect not in plae yet - click the portal tab at teh top of the page for a look).

There remain some under the hood tweaks to do (announcement backgrounds and the chat window are a stark white and need to be toned down, uploading and changing of avatars is still twonky but the solution is at hand - I know what the problem is now). Hopefully the IE problem with the forum sidebars has disappeared with this new skin as well.

With Gamecomm still providing us with support and our coffers at a more than decent level, and to encourage more new members to join as we spark up the community once again, I've unilaterally decided to drop dues from $20/40 to $15/$30 moving forward.

A more detailed breakdown of each and every change will be made in a future post. Obviously, this unveiling was supposed to be a pleasant Xmas present for the community yet life seems to have a way of making what is really important much more apparent.

RIP Wayfarer.

-Fk