new macbook pro or...?

stutters

thinking about throwing my last gen macbook pro on craigslist...think i can grab between $800-$1000 for it. maybe i'm still drunk.

if i do that, then this bad boy is only $949, or i could get a new one with student discount for $1,099.

or, do i want to buy a cheap desktop pc to be my torrent box, light gaming rig, and media center pc (budget would be $500-$600)?

thinking about throwing my last gen macbook pro on craigslist...think i can grab between $800-$1000 for it. maybe i'm still drunk.

if i do that, then this bad boy is only $949, or i could get a new one with student discount for $1,099.

or, do i want to buy a cheap desktop pc to be my torrent box, light gaming rig, and media center pc (budget would be $500-$600)?

You were still drunk...it's $1,949

Wow, Macs ARE still expensive--I mean, a 9400m? That's terrible--I'm running a 260 GTX with a gig of DDR3 dedicated RAM in my laptop, and it was $999 new (ASUS G72).

My advice would be to wait until they reveal the new MacBooks (supposedly soon) at which time, the old ones (which for some reason have 3 generation old video cards in them) will go down in price.

Mac feels the need to charge a bunch of money simply because they are Mac. I like the Macbook Pros and would love to have one, but seriously the technology that comes in them is worth much less than they charge.

They are definitely well BUILT machines, but I wouldn't pay that much money for one personally--I'm perfectly impressed with the build quality of my ASUS. Now, admittedly, a lot of PC brands leave a lot to be desired with their cheap builds and bad heat management, but the Apple Tax is a bit high.