Mass Effect 2

boiler

Alright, am I the only one here that is hyper-geeked about Mass Effect 2 coming out next week???

Are things around here so slow that we aren't even sharing excitement over new upcoming games?

Check it out

I've spent the last week replaying Mass Effect to make sure the story is fresh in my mind and I made all the choices I wanted for the first run through of the new one.

I may even do something I have never done for any other game to this point: Shell out for the Collector's Edition.

I'm that stoked.

Couldn't care less...I know...no more video games until I'm married or rich. It had to happen.

Dude, wait, WHAT???????????????

who is this, and what have you done with Anonymo?

*has a sad*

Just spent lunch hour watching all the class video things. I may be playing through this one more times than I did the first one...

They actually gave the "specialty" classes like sentinel, vanguard and infiltrator abilities that actually make them seem useful and fun. If they have nerfed singularity, then my adept may be specializing before I get started...

Does anyone know how one goes about importing his saves from ME1? I hope I don't have to reinstall ME1 just to import the save files. I have the files stored on my hard drive (moved them out before I uninstalled ME1)

I've seen a video on the process, which seems pretty straight forward. I'm not sure, however, if it was performed on a 360 or PC. I'm thinking as long as you have the save files, you should be good to go. This is not an expert opinion.

Couldn't care less...I know...no more video games until I'm married or rich. It had to happen.

Dude, wait, WHAT???????????????

who is this, and what have you done with Anonymo?

*has a sad*

Yep...since the move I haven't so much as signed into XBL. I played through Uncharted and Assassins Creed 2 on the PS3 over the holidays but haven't touched anything since.

Being single sucks, and the more video games I play the more single I become. Simple math. I even thought about selling my game collection...don't worry I realized that if it happened I would need professional help. You're not actually crazy if you think you're crazy right?

(edited)

Alright, I understand the math here. Don't sell the collection though. If that happens, I'm calling the NHS (or whatev you canucks call it) and folks in white coats will come knocking.

Don't forget some "you" time though amidst the dating circuit - play Uncharted 2 or something, it won't suck your time like an RPG but is oh so satisfying.

In the meantime, how bout you mail me your copy of Dragon Age: Origins to save me the hassle of renting it? :D

Edited by boiler

Picked up my collector's edition yesterday. Sunk 6 hours into it. All I can think about today is wanting MOAR.

Note to Anonymo: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME YET! Get a girlfriend first, then send her on a lavish spa vacation for a week so you can have the proper time with this game.

My copy arrived yesterday, unfortunately I've not played right the way through ME1 since I my original 360 died (I had two completed playthroughs on there). I'm finding it very hard to leave ME2 in the little wrapper until I've finished the ME1 playthrough I'm currently on but I really want to get the most out of carrying over my Shepherd........

Ughhh...things going sour on the female front (really need to hire a ghost writer...) and I'm considering playing video games again...this or MAG...at least I'll get some action in ME2 :(

If it's come to that, then you definitely need to get Mass Effect 2. Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda - 'nuff said. She's powerless to resist my Paragon-ness.

Ughhh...things going sour on the female front (really need to hire a ghost writer...) and I'm considering playing video games again...this or MAG...at least I'll get some action in ME2 :(

If it's come to that, then you definitely need to get Mass Effect 2. Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda - 'nuff said. She's powerless to resist my Paragon-ness.

Wow...your wife must be away...I live with my cousin now so doing the whole romancing of the TV carries real life embarrassment. I'm torn...

Wow...your wife must be away...I live with my cousin now so doing the whole romancing of the TV carries real life embarrassment. I'm torn...

Well, in fact she is away this weekend, HOWEVER that has no bearing on the in-game romance. She watched me sweet talk Miranda a bit, then when the convo ended with "I need some time" my wife said "Come on, can't you get her to sleep with you?"

So there.

Tell him it's just a game and not to worry about it. I won't tell ;)

She watched me sweet talk Miranda a bit, then when the convo ended with "I need some time" my wife said "Come on, can't you get her to sleep with you?"

You do realize this is an obvious trap, she's just waiting for the right time to spring it. Is her car running alright? Has she "misplaced" her wedding ring lately? Oh I know, you refused to watch Twilight with her didn't you? I'm going to laugh really hard if you come back and tell me she "thinks that stuff is dumb".

She watched me sweet talk Miranda a bit, then when the convo ended with "I need some time" my wife said "Come on, can't you get her to sleep with you?"

You do realize this is an obvious trap, she's just waiting for the right time to spring it. Is her car running alright? Has she "misplaced" her wedding ring lately? Oh I know, you refused to watch Twilight with her didn't you? I'm going to laugh really hard if you come back and tell me she "thinks that stuff is dumb".

rofl

its-a-trap.jpg

I think I'm safe. Her car is 3 years old and a Honda, her wedding ring (and diamond) is/are still attached, and thankfully, I don't believe she even knows what "Twilight" is. My knowledge of that subject is entirely limited to what I have learned from icanhascheezburger.com. So there.

That said, if she shows up with a "Team *insertdouchebagnamehere*" shirt, then I'll be concerned. And I will shamefully amend my post here.

I don't believe she even knows what "Twilight" is.

It's too late to save you...

I would have thought I should chalk that fact up in the "win" column. Now I has a confuse.

No woman on the planet with a working sense of sight doesn't know what "Twilight" is. The time to has a scared is now.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Finished my first play through two days ago (after roughly 40 hours of play time).

AMAZING.

Hooked from beginning to end. I talked to every single NPC I could about everything they were willing to chat about, and loved every minute of it. The background stories of each crew member are so well done and fleshed out.

The two biggest areas of improvement to me:

1. Graphics and technical performance are eye-poppingly pretty. No late texture pop-in, more detailed environments, more detailed textures, more everything. I was able to look past the pop-in during ME1 because the story was so engrossing. Not having it this time around drew me in even more.

2. Combat is 100% better in every way. Cover system is better, weapon performance (and ammo type selection) is better, button mapping is better. Even being able to map a single power for each squad mate to the d-pad was a nice touch. This plays more like a third person shooter with a great story/RPG elements than an RPG with shooter elements.

First playthrough was as soldier that I imported from ME1. Can't wait to fire up my renegade engineer (soon to be converted to a vanguard) this weekend and experience it from a whole new perspective.

I love this game.