Starcraft 2 pre order $60 ???

bushwack

Stinking 60 bucks for Starcraft 2, who else besides me won't be picking up Starcraft 2 when it releases?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I haven't played a compelling RTS in YEARS. I'm talking Red Alert 2 was the last time I have fun with a RTS. I'm not picking sides, while I liked RA2 and thought WC3 stank, I didn't care for RA3. Or even Age of Empires 3 for that matter. RTS have just turned me off...

What I want? Dungeon Keeper 3. Or maybe Startopia 2. Yeah.

I knew this was going to happen. Activision raised MW2 to 60 bucks because "we know it's going to be a huge release" just to make more money. They know it's going to be the same for SC2 and D3. Soon other publishers are going to do the same and that'll be the end of $50 PC games...at least for first party publishers.

$60 is a bit on the high side for a video game...and waiting for the price to come down will mean waiting for a long time. My purchase habits for the last few years have been not to buy a game when it first comes out, but wait a few months for the deals to come. I will do the same with this game, but I don't think there will be a deal on this game for a very long time.

Still waiting for Fallout 3 to drop to a decent price (Just checked the steam price for the first time in awhile, I think I'll get it now :)).

Edited by Sgt. Slaughterâ„¢-TopBrass

• 3 weeks later...