Processor Prices

So just for fun tonight i looked on newegg to check out how expensive processors are nowadays. I was kinda stunned to see that my Q9550 is still $279.99, which is more expensive than a number of the newer i5 and i7's. Seems the only ones of those that are more expensive are the higher end models that are clocked higher in speed. I would have thought by now that the Core 2 quads would be making a drop in price, but i guess not yet. Does this mean my Q9550 is still beastly in comparison to some of the new i5/7 models? :) Sorry, just a random post :P

Yeah funny pricing on the C2Ds. I was going to get a E8400 a couple years ago right when they were released, and at a price of $169. The price never went down more then a few bucks the whole time. Newegg has them right now for $168 :unsure:

I'm enjoying my $40 E5200 Black Friday special, running happily at 3.9Ghz.

Yeah funny pricing on the C2Ds. I was going to get a E8400 a couple years ago right when they were released, and at a price of $169. The price never went down more then a few bucks the whole time. Newegg has them right now for $168 :unsure:

I'm enjoying my $40 E5200 Black Friday special, running happily at 3.9Ghz.

Lol...I am still running my 2 year old e8400 and it is pretty good. Since I use my compy for gaming and internet, don't need much more than that for now. I got mine for an incredible (back then) $189. 2 Years later, they are about same price.

Hard drives, on the other hand...