Respawn Entertainment

Windex

Execs of Infinity Ward are moved on to EA and now are putting together Respawn Entertainment. I already applied for a Level Design Job however since I haven't been doing any design for modern games doubt I'll get it.. doesn't hurt to try though! Hope they put together something good regardless.. Teaser for the New COD has been put out by Treyarch/Activision already. COD: Black Ops

I was honest about the experience and said I didn't mind starting somewhere low on the totem-pole, I just would like to get my foot in the door and have the opportunity to grow :)

(edited)

As an Artists I'd LOVE to work for EA, whats that? EA doesn't have boundaries like normal game companies when they create games, HELL YEA! I'm pretty sure the normal team that made Call of Duty 4 (Best one yet) probably got laid off, I also heard of the Exec from the CoD4 also left before CoD6. If they left to make another branch, technically they don't have "rights" to make a Call of Duty game, and considering they're making another branch (Or at least sounds like it to me) they'll probably be making other games. (Since Respawn doesn't apply to just shooter games, but I'd expect to see games in FPS style with perks or some stuff like that)

Edited by ValenAlvern

(edited)

The two heads of Infinity Ward got fired by Activision for supposedly talking to other companies. They then sued Activision so they could get their bonus from Modern Warfare 2. Activision counter-sued saying they are full of bologna. As this is happening in the last two months more than 1/2 of the guys and gals working at Infinity Ward have quit. The two heads that got fired made the company Respawn and is now an EA partner, not exactly owned by EA. Activision still has Treyarch to make Call of Duty though, which is making Call of Duty: Black Ops. Activision has the rights to the Call of Duty series, so they can really have who ever they want make the game. Supposedly they have another team, not Infinity Ward or Treyarch working on another Call of Duty Action game.

That's pretty much the short story for anyone who wasn't paying attention. :)

EA has the Medal of Honor series which is really close to Call of Duty. Partly because the guys who founded Infinity Ward originally did work for EA working on the Medal of Honor series. So I would be surprised if Respawn was working on a game like Call of Duty. I wouldn't be surprised though if a lot of the people who left Infinity Ward are going to jump right over to Respawn.

Edited by VooDooPC