Android tablet!

Clueless

A subjective iPhone vs Android analysis by Lifehacker. I would say it is fairly accurate from my point of view.

http://lifehacker.com/5559357/iphone-vs-android-showdown-which-phone-is-best-for-power-users?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lifehacker%2Ffull+%28Lifehacker%29

Also, I rerooted my Droid and am now running a 2.2 Froyo based Rom and WOW. Is this thing fast. It's like a different phone.

A subjective iPhone vs Android analysis by Lifehacker. I would say it is fairly accurate from my point of view.

http://lifehacker.com/5559357/iphone-vs-android-showdown-which-phone-is-best-for-power-users?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lifehacker%2Ffull+%28Lifehacker%29

Also, I rerooted my Droid and am now running a 2.2 Froyo based Rom and WOW. Is this thing fast. It's like a different phone.

Told Ya'! :-)

(edited)

It may not be the beacon of technology at the moment, but my Blackberry Curve can act as a tethered modem, and Sprint doesn't charge me anything extra.... In fact, I pay one price for unlimited everything (data, SMS and MMS, mobile to mobile). The only restriction I have is minutes to landlines. ATT and Verizon's prices for data coverage are ridiculous.

I plan on upgrading to the HTC Evo come December. Unlimited data usage with a mobile hotspot phone. YES PLEASE!

Edited by General J

It may not be the beacon of technology at the moment, but my Blackberry Curve can act as a tethered modem, and Sprint doesn't charge me anything extra.... In fact, I pay one price for unlimited everything (data, SMS and MMS, mobile to mobile). The only restriction I have is minutes to landlines. ATT and Verizon's prices for data coverage are ridiculous.

I plan on upgrading to the HTC Evo come December. Unlimited data usage with a mobile hotspot phone. YES PLEASE!

Then you have to pay the $10 "I have an EVO" fee. It's to get on their 4G network. I agree with you though, the data prices for ALL of the carriers in the US are ridiculous.

GC Alumni

I have unlimited data on Tmobile for 20 bucks...i think it's usually 30, but i've been with them for more than 7 years, so they gave me a deal when I thought about leaving a couple months ago. As long as I stay on it, I should be grandfathered on that price forever...so they tell me.

I like the EVO as well, bus as far as hardware goes, hang tight, there will be quite a few more phones in that same class coming out soon enough...everyone will have one under a different name. Another reason to wait...have you actually looked at the Sprint map of 4g coverage? I can't believe that they launched a 4g phone yet, let alone have the stones to charge you $10 extra to use it....it's like, tiny little pockets around a very small amount of major cities...pathetic. Everywhere else you be getting 3g performance for 4g prices.

In my tin-roofed building I get 1018 kbps down and 491 kbps up....the data signal in here is weak compared to what I get down the street outside.

The fastest I've ever downloaded a file on the 3G network here (on my Moto Droid), is around 136 kb/sec, which is pretty fast for a phone, though I don't feel like calculating what megabit connection that is . . . lol :shrug03:

Maverick' date='14 June 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1276541074' post='481685']The fastest I've ever downloaded a file on the 3G network here (on my Moto Droid), is around 136 kb/sec, which is pretty fast for a phone, though I don't feel like calculating what megabit connection that is . . . lol :shrug03:

assuming there's a missing digit in there, right?

GC Alumni

Just read that T-Mobile just opened up it's HSPA+ network to 25 more cities...and New Orleans is one of them, so that explains my wicked good speeds :)

Read a comparison...not as prepared as all you cool dudes with ur links, but long story short...Tmo HSPA+ > Sprint 4G speeds, so if your city is one of the new roll outs, they would be a good option to look at...hard to beat the aggressive pricing, and new phones a plenty coming very soon....including the Galaxy S.