Client and Server product versions do not match

lousiest

Updated TF2, was able to get into our TF2 server last night. But after logging off and trying to get back in, I keep getting this message. Verified my game files. Tried again, no luck. Reinstalled, tried again this morning, still no luck. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!

There are two players in it now. It should be up-to-date, since NFo updated it last night.

Are you connecting to the new server, or the old server? If you're trying to connect to the server whose name starts with "'connect gctf2.nuclearfallout.net' for our new server" you're connecting to the old server. I didn't bother to update this as it will be gone soon.

The new server is 216.52.148.53 (tf2.gcftw.com, gctf2.nuclearfallout.net). If you're having trouble with this one do let me know, but it may be you since there are people on it right now.

(edited)

Short of deleting everything, is there a file I can delete (like the blob files) that might fix this? Thanks!

Cause I noticed that even if I delete local content, the TF2 folder still remains (sigh...) so I think some files that are corrupting my installation remains

Edited by lousiest

GC Alumni
(edited)

L4D2 got an update this afternoon that took the server down. Probably one of the mods on there. *I'm gonna try and fix it, but FYI I've been drinking for a bit already.

TF2 should have the same RCON as before, which is posted in LACC (not the same as for CSS).

Edited by mookie

L4D2 got an update this afternoon that took the server down. Probably one of the mods on there. *I'm gonna try and fix it, but FYI I've been drinking for a bit already.

TF2 should have the same RCON as before, which is posted in LACC (not the same as for CSS).

rgr dodger. Deleted my post as I crossed up TF2 and L4D2 servers - guess thats what I get for copy/pasting instead of actually READing!

I just noticed that I had the wrong IP for the (TF2) server. Didn't realize NFo had more than one block and this one is in 216.52.143.0/24 not 216.52.148.0/24. tf2.gcftw.com should be good once it updates.

I guess we can all l2read.