L4D2 Server

Malkazar

• 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni
(edited)

The server MAY be fixed now. Not sure what I ended up doing, but it made it to the second map with 3 people in the server with no crashes yet. I'll keep an eye on it in case something happens. If you guys want to do me a favor, join it, play on it for a while and let me know if there has been any crashes, or any irregularities.

I say "may be fixed" since it's never made it this far yet without crashing.

*edit

Oh well, spoke too soon =\

If you do have time though, please hop on there and test it for a couple maps (if it stays up that long).

Edited by JackieChan

So i went and joined the server today, it was stuck in survival mode, where infected wouldn't spawn and I seem to not have access to admin anymore also. Needs fixed or looked into or something. It's still not right.

I went on the server today aas well it appears that once the game starts only 4 survivors and only one of the bots followed me the other 2 stayed upstairs at spawn i got overwhelmed by inf and when i went to play inf it crashed

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'm about ready to give up with this crap. Valve messed up too many things with this. Tried even using the bare-bones plugins for the server and still doesn't work. The support for the third party stuff isn't there and no one is updating/fixing anything for it. Everything I've tried doesn't work. Updated sourcemod to 1.4dev, downgraded to 1.3.6, updated metamod, different versions of l4dtoolz, l4downtown, superversus, everything. Nothing is working. Maybe it's the fact it's a Windows server, who knows.

Everyone, thank Valve for their constant supporting of the game. By "supporting", I mean "breaking". This is causing too many headaches for me to the point where I don't even want to look at L4D anymore. I was attached to the server and all the people that were playing on it, but after this garbage that Valve broke, I don't even want to touch it anymore.

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

In HLSW it's showing that stupid "timeout every 10 seconds" symptom that it was showing when the DLC came out.

*edit

Didn't notice any lag or anything all the way through levels 1 and 2. If things still look promising, I'll start adding the addons back on there one by one.

*edit2

Started adding plugins. Would need to run though an entire campaign to see if everything is working, but so far no crashes or anything has happened yet... at least from what I've noticed.

*edit3

Glancing at it back and fourth, the server made it all the way through one campaign without crashing. I'll be slowly adding more addons to it to get it back to where it was before the DLC release. The Sacrifice and No Mercy campaigns are also in the rotation.

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)
And also Jackie, will you start playing more 10v10 L4D2 now? :)

Maybe.

Crashed on c6m1 on map load. Stripper's config for the map was the cause of it. Took the config off of there, restarted and changed to the map without problem. Just can't have ANY modifications to that particular map at all for some reason.

[edit]Witch Bride model wasn't getting precached on map load was also causing the crash (Valve ftw). Item buy plugin will make sure it gets done[/edit]

Stuff that's on there now:

-Score/Team manager

-Finale Ghost Range mod

-CSS weapons MAY be on there. Not sure if they work/spawn in though.

-Incap meds munch

-Reserve slots and AFK manager. GC members are immune to being kicked, but will be thrown into spectator if AFK

-High ping kicker

-!spectate/!survivors/!infected plugin on there

What will be put on there in the near future:

-SI selector added

-Item buy plugin added (!ammo, !laser, !heal command will work. Will also tweak point amounts at a later point for balancing)

-Infected Ghost Pounce added

-Character Select Menu for GC members only (hopefully)

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...