McAfee or Symantec EndPoint

Lunk

Of the two mentioned, which would be the better one to go with? As a government worker I can get either one free. Just looking for the best protection with the least headaches. Appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks guys. Im not a big fan of either one. I've been using AVGFree for a while now. But it doesn't have a firewall that I'm aware of. And I'm looking for more real-tine protection for my one remaining pc. As I've gone to MAC for all my other machines.

I'm open to suggestions if there are better solutions out there.

Thanks again

Oh.. wait. This is for your personal machine? If so, then you should not take either and get Microsoft's Security Essentials. It is free and works better than both in regards to detection and system performance. It's what I use on my home computers and I could use Symantec Endpoint if i wanted to but why would you use it over something else.

And do not discount the need for an antivirus for Macs.

Oh.. wait. This is for your personal machine? If so, then you should not take either and get Microsoft's Security Essentials. It is free and works better than both in regards to detection and system performance. It's what I use on my home computers and I could use Symantec Endpoint if i wanted to but why would you use it over something else.

And do not discount the need for an antivirus for Macs.

My apologies ZD, I did fail to mention this is for my home pc. And Thank You for all the information. It's been very helpful.

And yes, I am running a free version anti-virus program on my MAC.

Yeah, Microsoft Security Essentials by a lot. Don't use either one of those craptastic programs. Bilbo (my brother) has tested a lot of antivirus stuff in the computer forensic lab where he works, and Microsoft Security Essentials is one of the absolute best.

If you want to pay for one, I would say so to use eSet Nod32...I love that program, but I use Security Essentials on my home machine (nod32 for work).