Hmmmm...

Flitterkill

Intel Core i5-2400S Sandy Bridge 2.5GHz (3.3GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52400S

BIOSTAR TH67+ LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

$263 shipped after the 25off100 New Account discount (new email is all that is needed)

$37/$38 after rebate 4 gig (2 sticks) DDR3 Ram (PNY or Patriot)

$300-$301 total.

Scary numbers for sandybridge, sata 6 and usb3...

Remind why I'm still looking?

Remind why I'm still looking?

Buyer's remorse with the G31?

I keep checking inventory on the sandy bridge motherboards, even though I'm technically not in the market as well. The platform is very intriguing!

I certainly won't do anything crazy until evga gets their p67 boards out though.

Because you know your throwing away moneys fixing that dead horse. :smillie_smilling: What better time to upgrade.

I'm impressed by my new ASRock P67 board even though I was a little leery of the brand. I've had bad luck out of Biostar, but I still might buy from them if price/ features are right.

Another note: The i5-2500K isn't really that much more (10%) and is fully unlocked. Even if you never overclock, the resale value will be greater a few years down the line.

GC Board Member

Well I'd probably get a cheap board anyways as I'm toying with the idea of kicking together a home server.

My C2D E6750 gets $50/$60 bucks on eBay right now, minus whatever the bay takes for their cut. It's be one thing if I had a functional MB now, then, netting $120 or more towards an upgrade (including selling the 2 gig of DDR2) makes pretty good sense.

Oh yeah, 2400S swings at 65 watts, the others at 95. Seeing how much my main man stays on, the fewer watts is a good thing.

Also, I tend not to resale my old stuff. It generally flows downhill into other machines in the house. Only the ancient stuff gets cycled out usually.

Oh yeah, 2400S swings at 65 watts, the others at 95. Seeing how much my main man stays on, the fewer watts is a good thing.

Also, I tend not to resale my old stuff. It generally flows downhill into other machines in the house. Only the ancient stuff gets cycled out usually.

If you don't have a certified 80+ power supply I recommend getting one, otherwise you could be throwing that saved 30 watts out the window.

Yeah mine usually flows down once and then get's sold, usually. But the last time my AMD board died, I figured it would be better to sell my Athlon 64 CPU and go with a new up to date platform.

I Still have my old Celeron 300A and 533A collecting dust. :P