http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965960273/

At 10:55 pm gmt-6 we had this convo

Harrold : no

ZIMBA : and g@y team

*SPEC* [bill-Tank]::Elegant : no

Hunter D4D : lol rage

cras : watch the language zimba

ZIMBA : g@y is not bad word

Teams imbalanced? Type !votescramble to bring up a vote.

ZIMBA : : )

Teddy Ruxpin : .

cras : iot is to me

ZIMBA : so stfu :)

Kira-mama : happy team~

Then in voice he said "wow you are really g@y?"

I responded "yes" even though I am not, I like to take a stand against homophobia and do not think my sexual orientation or gender should matter.

Then he said " you like to suck dicks? Ew gross Well im deleting you from friends"

He then proceeded to quit and delete me from friends. boohoo.

I did not have a chance to record this but it was extremely offensive, there was also another person insulting me via voice but I did not recognize the name.

He said somethig about me liking to take it.. im not sure

i understand this is an isolated incident and is hopefully not allowed on your servers. However I would like something done about this . Sure zimba is a good player but he is very insulting and often comments on how horrible people are.

Thanks

crasx

Note I replaced a with @ as the forum has a filter on such language which I love

Edited by crasx

I agree that what he said was offensive. Had i been there I would of kicked him for it or temp banned. I know he is a regular player in the server and usually is fun to play with, so maybe in this case we can contact him and tell him what we expect and that if he cant follow the rules or act in a proper way, then he'll be banned and not missed. Maybe a temp ban would be in order, Jackie what do u think? Anyone else ideas/opinions? I'm always one to give second chances to people who I think could possibly change their attitudes.

Zimba's hard to like haha. He's funny sometimes, but definitely quick temper, quick to scold and boss you around, quick to rage.

That said, I can never get passionate about naughty language issues. I certainly don't think a perma-ban is in order. Probably a short temp ban and a warning.

But, I ain't an admin.

Ive talked to him a few times about watching the language, and Ive kicked him for rushing at one point. He does tend to get pretty pushy and angry when his team loses, Im thinkng his attitude changes when he knows theres admins around, and at times I think hes drunk.

Ill leave this one up to Nightling or Jackie, but if I see him behaving badly again I will perma ban him, and he can come crawling if he wants to get back in. Sounds harsh, but we dont need angry, offensive people ruining the game for everyone, especially when theyve been warned repeatedly.

Edited by RadioKnight

Anything offensive would and should result in at least a kick or a temporary ban. It's part of our rules and there is no reason why anyone would not be able to follow them or read them at all. I'm all for banning him for a day and if he asks why, he should be filled in for the reason and that if it happens again, he will have to join the forums and post about it.

You can have fun in any game without belittling your team or anyone else.

03:22:13 banid 1440 STEAM_1:1:2847272

03:22:13 L 06/11/2011 - 03:22:32: Banid: "<1:2847272>

GC Alumni

Thanks Jackie/Admins

Just so people understand where I come from and what makes me mad...

I understand people can be raised in racist/sexist/homophobic environments and thus learned to express anger or hatred by associating bad with a sexual orientation or associating weak with a gender. The problem is when I/someone lets them know certain language insults them yet they continue to use it or escalate it to a personal attack as zimba did or as a couple of players did to blubeary a couple days ago. I am not afraid to speak up against injustices and am glad to play with a community that agrees with said logic.

Again, thanks! :thumbsup: