need a new video card help

markie

(edited)

so i have to keep it as close to 100 as possible after rebate... http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&N=100007709&IsNodeId=1&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=39&MaxPrice=175 help me plz idk anyhting aobut them anymore... i have an 8800gts right now n its DEAD

it doesnt have to be brand new. so if anyone has a used one let me know. i dont want something to old that i cant play rift css l4d2 diablo 3 wow n all the current games. i just iwsh mine didnt die :(

if possible i would love to keep it way under 100 if not it dont matter but i cnat go to far above 100.. let me know what i should do plz

Edited by markie

i was just askin what the difference is... but yea see one point i have is u have a 250 gts. i have an 8800gts 320mb n i get consist 200+fps some maps 300... so if i buy a 250 i would only be gettin 100 instead of my 200 :(

ok i was just makin sure... ive been told many different things.. like a 275 or 285 gtx is still the best on the market. n to stay away from gts bc they are slow n die easier. like i found a 260 or 265gtx for 90 bucks on newegg but idk if its worth buyin since its older then the 400 n 500 series... n on that note theres a 5770 for 80 bucks i seen... are atis any good?

(edited)

I'm going with onyx on the GTS 450, the ATI cards have a lot of bang for the buck. However a lot of the new ones that I have come across feel cheap with poor fans, I see/install a lot of them at work. Plus I like the Nvidia drivers better than ATI's Catalyst Control Center, but maybe it's because I'm a Nvidia fanboy.

but maybe it's because I'm a Nvidia fanboy.

Wouldn't that make your advice a bit suspect?

I like whatever is best at the moment and right now it is ATI/AMD but their CPU line is still weak. WIth that said, ATI updates their drivers every month so you are sure that bugs and issues are being regularly resolved. Nvidia's release schedule is a bit more random but Nvidia's control panel is easier to work with.