Unfairly banned.

IGotTigersBlood

I play on the 10v10 Versus survivor all the time, I even told my friends about how much fun it is. Last night I was playing with a friend of mine. Her and I were playing the first stage of No Mercy with a couple of other people. Once everyone is outside her and I are incapped twice with her making the witch angry once. Once we are standing (and are in black and white) we see that the safe room is just ahead (literally 20 steps) so we went downstairs and in to the safe room to protect ourselves from dying. It's at this time that our entire team starts witching. They start screaming at us to come out of the safe room and help them, when they really don't need our help. It's only us two in the safe room, another eight of them all together around the same area where we were. There in no desperate need of our help, their health is fine and they are just hunting special infected. I started mocking them, which I shouldnt have I agree on that now. But they were being ridiculous. After saying 'I can't be much help i'm black and white and at 1 health" Finally some woman says "we don't appreciate rushers on this server kthx" and banned me and only me from the server. My friend said she just left without being banned. Which, I'm not angry about.

What I'm angry about is this.

1. If I run with the entire group, revive incapped people, get attacked enough to go to the safe room which is only 20 steps in front of me... I AM NOT RUSHING. They were with us the whole time, but were just doddling around in no particular hurry to get to the safe room.

2. Isn't.... isn't the goal of L4D to get from the first check point to the 2nd safe room quick enough so special infected and hordes don't take all your health?

I've played L4D1 and 2 since release and have always been a team player, but isn't it a bit excessive to call me a rusher if i can literally see the safe room in front of me and take sanctuary? I think the ban should be lifted because it was heavy handed and uncalled for.

Looks like it was only a 15 minute ban so you should be good to play again. We appreciate that you enjoy playing on our server but I would have to trust Crasx's call on if you were rushing or not, he must have saw something that would trigger a ban. Either way it was temporary, you're free to play again.

Hi and to start off thanks for taking the time to come here and explain the situation as opposed to just finding another server. Let me just try to explain a couple of things. Just got back from vacation so here it goes...

First off, it looks like crasx banned you. So I'm not sure what girl said that to you but crasx is a guy, but I do know of about 4 girls that play regularly on there and it may have been one of them right as crasx banned you.

Second the ban was only a 15 minute ban, and its expired so hopefully you can get back in, try it out and if not then we can fix this.

Thirdly, sorry this happened the way it did. We have a guideline on kicking/banning someone for rushing in that it is up to the sole discretion of the admin(s) on whether it was a legit reason to rush or if the person just booked it because they said screw the rest of the team. It's not always black and white so it was more of a judgement call on crasx's part. If you do rush ahead, always try to make it clear as to why you aren't coming out of the saferoom which it looks like you said why, but maybe it was just never seen amongst the chaos. Maybe it was that mocking of the rest of the team that crasx decided to kick you, but you agree it prolly shouldn't of happened and all is well, we learn from mistakes.

To wrap it up, you should be able to play again, and we hope you do. You cared enough to come here and state your opinion and concerns so we appreciate the people who are decent enough to give 2 cents about something they enjoy. And don't be scared to maybe stick around these parts and see what kind of group we are, we pride ourselves in the way we handle our servers and the people in them, getting rid of the e-thugs and jerks and keeping the quality players around. See ya in game i hope!

i'm sorry i just wanted to laugh at Nightling... LOLOLOL

on another note, the server is tough on rushers and especially when healing is very easy on this server, we'd like you to help out as much as you can. If you run into the safe room, grab a medkit and heal up. Come out and spawn block or something, that'd be much more helpful. Sometimes zombies still spawn in the saferoom and poof you're dead. Always try to stay as close to your teammates as you can, most will heal you or protect you. I would anyways. :)

First off thank you for coming and posting on the forum about this so we can discuss it better. This happened last night on the first map of no mercy. The girl you were referring to was chick who is a regular on the server.

From what I heard a few people on your team were complaining about you rushing. As you mentioned you were in the safe room (I did not look too hard for other people, just heard names being screamed and saw you in the safe room). The rest of your team was getting beat up pretty bad up on the street level and was asking you to come back and help. When you started mocking your teammates was when I decided to ban you because I felt like you were "trolling" and rushing on purpose.

The initial ban was two days because when I ban I usually overreact and am just trying to get you out of the server. However after the round ended I did change it to 15 minutes. You are free to come back and I am sorry for the misunderstanding but if your team is asking you for help it is better not to mock them, that alone will get you banned by my standards. If you come back and play with us I am sure we will learn eachothers gamestyles and I will be less likely to ban you if I know who you are. Hope to see you around

(edited)

Wow, I'm not used to a forum being so civil, I probably just may stick around. I apologized if it seemed like I was trolling, I did leave once and shot a few zombies and went back. I got annoyed when I said "I'm almost dead" in the chat and heard all the voices yelling at me. Like you said I could have grabbed a health kit and went back out but I didn't think of that. I only posted this because I figured it was a short term ban but couldnt play later so I thought it was a perma-ban. Like you guys said, a misunderstanding on everyone's part. Thank you for being civil and look forward to hoping on there and playing again.

EDIT: Also I reacted the way I did foolishly after being yelled at because of my experience, the online PC community of L4D isn't the kindest. so I took that as being the same ol' thing.

Edited by IGotTigersBlood

Finally some woman says "we don't appreciate rushers on this server kthx" and banned me and only me from the server.

Well I wasn't the one who banned you, but I am pretty opinionated when it comes to rushers, only because the last couple of days have a few come out the woodwork. But mostly, i made my comment because I could hear my husband who was on your team yelling about getting out of the saferoom, as we were owning the people who were stuck in the back, it looked like rushing, though now that you come here and explain I understand the b&w thing, but it was a pretty big span between you guys and the team, with that being said, I more reacted to the fact of hearing my husband extremely annoyed by you guys in the saferoom and asking repeatedly to come out and help. But like I said the explanation is appreciated.

I've seen so many times where there are a couple survivors short of 10 and the entire team falls apart because they're missing those couple survivors. NM1 is especially hard when in that last room, people are constantly getting smoked back, charged back, spit on, boomed on, and just stalled because people love hanging out in the safe room because they made it inside and don't want to leave. People do this way too many times at the end of levels.

If you were inside the safe room and just chilling in there while people were getting snagged by the alarm car, then that would be a cause for concern there even, but if all this happened in the last room before the safe room (after the stairs), then there really shouldn't have been any reason for people to yell at you if you were bnw or not.

Like you stated already, the mockery shouldn't have happened and would tick people off and I'm glad you recognized that. Also, I'm glad you came to the forums to post about it. It shows you're concerned about what happened, that you wanted to address it, and to resolve it. Believe it or not, but seeing who is rushing and doing things they shouldn't be doing is a lot more difficult in L4D than it is in any other Source game because of a few different reasons:

1. You can't always see everyone's name. If you're spectating people, you have to constantly cycle through everyone until you find the person you're looking for.

2. Can't tell who is voice chatting. No indicator appears for everyone like it does in like TF2 or CSS...the very early releases of L4D1 had this, but they stupidly changed it.

3. Judgement calls. Quite a bit of calls on admin's parts is to make calls based off of their best judgement. A lot of regulars will try to keep an eye and ear out for people who are ruining people's games and try to tell an admin this. Perhaps Chick would have a better call on this since she was one of the named witnesses to the situation, but it's all good now!

Hope to see you in the server IGotTigersBlood! I don't believe I've seen you in there yet, or recognize your name, but I hope to play with you once I get my stupid computer working again.

Well I wasn't the one who banned you, but I am pretty opinionated when it comes to rushers, only because the last couple of days have a few come out the woodwork. But mostly, i made my comment because I could hear my husband who was on your team yelling about getting out of the saferoom, as we were owning the people who were stuck in the back, it looked like rushing, though now that you come here and explain I understand the b&w thing, but it was a pretty big span between you guys and the team, with that being said, I more reacted to the fact of hearing my husband extremely annoyed by you guys in the saferoom and asking repeatedly to come out and help. But like I said the explanation is appreciated.

Yeah, It was just a big mix up on everyone's part, mine included. Like I said, and you guys saw that I acknowledged it.. Mocking was uncalled for, but I've been in so many L4D2 versus games the people are so hostile I'm always on the defensive. Pleaser tell your husband I apologize. Since I mentioned the community of trash-talkers I've seen on L4D2 I wanted to bring this up. I showed my friend this thread (she played with me when the incident happened.) We we're both floored at how well mannered and civil you guys are here on these forums. I did create an account for the purpose of airing my story, but never in a million years did I expect you guys to be civil, calm, and explainitive as you are. I'm not putting you down or anything, it's just.. my jaw in on the floor. Any other forum would have attacked me and that's what I was prepared for. Props to all of you for being the friendly people you are. You got a new member.

With that said, I have the L4D2 community but you guys have given me hope in it. I would love to be in any L4D2 versus games you are playing. My Steam name is TonyStarkLives (it may be TonyStarkLives0, can't remember) so send me a friend request and I'll add you.

What makes the L4D2 community so hostile? I played it on console before playing it on my laptop because my computer at the time didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of running it. Players on the console copy were never as bad as the pc community was.