amertrash

For those who don't know how to install the minecraft.jar:

Windows 7:

1) Type "Windows Key + R", enter "%appdata%/.minecraft/bin"

2) Rename "minecraft.jar" to "minecraft-1.7.3.jar"

3) Copy the new minecraft.jar into the directory

4) Profit

OS X:

1) Samething as before, but the location will be ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft

2) If you're running 10.7(Lion) ~/Library will be hidden, press cmd + shift + g and type in "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft"

3) Dont profit as your Mac cost way too much money

Hope this gives more time for the people who make game mods to reimplement their stuff for the new update.

Also: gonna wait for the new bug fix 1.8_1 to come out a week after this before playing. Notch is I believe still solo working out the code, so it'll be 50% playable.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I'm not sure if I wanna play 1.8 yet. Not till its mostly bug free and loaded on the .gc server. Not as much fun building something no one will ever see and I want it to be fresh when 1.8 finally does get released. I have mods installed that let me enter "creative" mode already.

As much money as notch has made on this game, really wish he would hire a couple more programer to help move things along much quicker and smoother. Heck I'm sure some people would be willing to program for free if given the chance.