Map voting

Andros

guys i think is time to put the map voting back on... the map rotation is killing the server when is not so populated... is enough a not so popular map to follow that everyone quits... if you give the players a choice on what to be next they will be more happy. Thats my opinion.

I sort of agree.. I have to think that when there are +10 players, there is usually an admin on who can manage the server and select an appropriate next map.

When the server is trying to get going.. i.e. < 10 people, a map change to a non-popular map is probably killing the server.

I don't think guys mind playing 3 v 3 - 5 v 5 on maps like d2, aztec, cbble, etc waiting for it to fill, but when it switches to a cs_ or a poor de_ map, they no longer "wait for the server to build"

I would suggest a simple map rotation of d2, cbble, aztec, and another 1-2 of the most popular maps. It might help kick start the server more frequently.

I'm with Andros, I have also noticed the server dying pretty fast due to no map votes. I sometimes make votes or just switch the maps when requested. Unfortunately I have been told in the last couple of days that, when no admins are on to make votes or change maps the server dies extremely fast!! Hope we can rectify this problem, in the meantime I will try to think of some good maps to put up

Any specific maps you're thinking of?

I don't have in mind a "safe" map rotation, but what i know for sure is that maps like cs_havana will not bring ppl in. I personally like the map but is fitted more for like custom map night... militia is a fun map but with a few guys in is not enjoyable. And, btw , whats wrong with voting maps?

I'm not completely competent when it comes to rtv vs nominate, Mani vs SM etc... but if there was a decent list of maps that the users (and not only the admins) could partake in setting up a vote

(i.e. from the maps that were listed in the other post regarding admins setting up votes: de_aztec, de_dust2, de_cbble, de_season, de_nuke, de_train, de_inferno, de_cpl_mill, de_cpl_strike, de_russka, de_losttemple_pro, de_contra, de_dust, cs_office, cs_militia, cs_italy, de_piranesi, cs_havana, cs_compound, de_port, de_prodigy etc...)

and then perhaps a regular vote selection if none of the players partakes in setting up votes (possibly one voted on in the forum like onyx was saying), I think that could help a lot...

People either complain about redundancy or maps that kill the server... If the players vote for a map but also have a say in which maps they can vote for it seems it might address both issues... would be odd if the map current players vote for drives themselves out of the server, but in that case it seems the regular vote selection would just return and bring people in.

First post! Hi all!

My opinion would be:

Server with > 10 people:

d2, season, mill, nuke, train, inferno

Server with < 10 people:

same rotation + admin throws up votes for other maps.

I think aztec and cbble are not as popular as you all might think. They are popular with the regulars here but outside this server...not so much. (I LOVE THEM)