BillRyeTheJewishGuy, The name that envokes bans and hate to jewish people aparently...

BillRyeTheJewishGuy

Yeap my name envokes hate to jewish people go figure which got me banned go figure, a vote was started in the l4d2 server asking if my name was offencive 71% which was 14 votes said no it was not offencive but this did not stop the ban on no effective imediate it banned me, I can understand how some people could be angryfaced at the unorigional cousin billnyethenazispy but this common this is derpish and with the power of copy and paste.

-most-wanted-bad -donkey-[Pinoy] : yea it is offensive

Server IP is l4d.gcftw.com.

[sM] Vote successful. (Received 71% of 14 votes)

[sM] The answer to Do you find Bill the Jewish guy's name offensive is: No.

So in the imortal words herpa derpa. link to my steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/skyknight002

have a kosher day :D

GC Alumni

I was the admin who banned you.

What happened was I was unsure if the name offended people so I asked via a vote. It was not because I am an antisemite, I was just being careful.

If your name was offensive I would have simply renamed you. The ban came because you made inappropriate comments over voice chat after I initiated the vote. I meant to go in and update the ban details but did not get around to it until this morning and here are the details

Admin asked other players if "Bill Rye The Jewish Guy" was offensive, no need to ban if nobody was offended (just to be safe). After asking said user accused admin of being an anti-semite then made homophobic comments towards admin over voice chat. ie: You like sucking d**** f**

That is why I banned you then changed it to a permanent ban

Edited by crasx

saying that your butthurt you didn't think of the name was offensive well thats kinda sad ah well

exactly why you were banned

I am a bisexual and a huge ally to the lgbtqa community. Homophobic/homo-degrading comments are the easiest way to get me to perma-ban you.

This doesn't mean don't be a homophobe. I understand people grow up extremely arrogant. Just don't disrespect my friends.

Wait, one second I didnt say anything about ------------- or calling anyone a rag i call shenanigans of you good sir i made no comment on any sexual based orientation the only comments i made were this name was kosher and that no one was offended didnt know butthurt offended people, if it did thats a shame ah well its life cant please everyone, im abit nicer then that so herpa derpa.

Really you seem like someone who could stick around, you've obviously put forth the effort to check back here and respond to the posts. I think it's just the way you say some things that it comes off like you just don't care.

I'm gonna be the moderator here and say we just leave this be where its at right now. Please join the server again when that short temp ban is up, and just be knowledgeable of our rules and the way we would like people to act in the server. Basically be more mature than most gamers, and you're good to go. It really is a fun community of regulars/members we have going and always look forward to new people.

I would say anyone else thinking of responding here, only do so if its pertinent information regarding the ban itself.

Wait, one second I didnt say anything about ------------- or calling anyone a rag i call shenanigans of you good sir i made no comment on any sexual based orientation the only comments i made were this name was kosher and that no one was offended didnt know butthurt offended people, if it did thats a shame ah well its life cant please everyone, im abit nicer then that so herpa derpa.

There may have been some homophobic slurs in there also, and think about what "butthurt" refers to....

Anyway ban was changed back to non-perm and will expire soon, please be careful about insulting others. As for the name the vote resulted in some people being offended and even -most-wanted vocalized this, the vote wasn't about a majority opinion. I personally don't have any beef with the name but I had that "admin instinct" of "hey maybe people are offended".

What do others think about this name?

Also BillRye no hate, I'm always glad to see new faces and you will see I try to be as fair and accepting as possible. Hope to see you in game again