Abusive Admin LynnL87

Gamble

Hello Gc community. Today 9/26 upon the L4D2 10v10 vs server an unfortunate event occurred. Admin priviledged player LynnL87, completely going against the spirit of what GC represents as a gaming community (a fun, friendly, no-jerks/racists allowed, one at that) felt the need to openly and lengthily harass players he didnt feel "on his level", so to speak. After an unsuccessful run with the Tank npc, he asked who played the tank and remarked on how "terrible, stupid, bad, etc. etc." said player was (on the in-game voice chat). Not only did he feel the need to harang the player but he encouraged others to as well. He felt so strongly that the next round he even shuffled the teams twice to try to get off of his/her team and laughed about it. Great sportsmanship. all together he harassed 2-3 individuals.

Up until this point I've enjoyed playing on this L4D2 server and was strongly considering to officially join and donate to this great community, but atm I'm not even sure i wanna play on a server which has an admin like this. I hope thias gets read and that the GC operators can talk to this LynnL87 guy and remind him of that values that GC promotes. Thanks for reading.

Unless someone has changed their name, no one by that name has admin privileges. I just looked at my friend list, and none of the admins have gone by that name on my list. I'm not sure if he called a vote to scramble teams or what, but get us his steamid and we can be certain whether or not he is an admin. Sorry that you had to experience this, but I don't believe this person you speak of is neither a member or and admin of GC. I was in the server today and saw him in there, however he was playing nicely at that time. I'll look more into this. If you have a steamid handy of him, we can be sure it is not a member of this group.

Unless someone has changed their name, no one by that name has admin privileges. I just looked at my friend list, and none of the admins have gone by that name on my list. I'm not sure if he called a vote to scramble teams or what, but get us his steamid and we can be certain whether or not he is an admin. Sorry that you had to experience this, but I don't believe this person you speak of is neither a member or and admin of GC. I was in the server today and saw him in there, however he was playing nicely at that time. I'll look more into this. If you have a steamid handy of him, we can be sure it is not a member of this group.

He did perform a couple of scramble commands (not !votescramble) so I figured he must have had privileges. I do not have his steam ID so he can be investigated further into, but in the least I'm satisfied with the word being out there about his temperament. Thanks for the hastey response and thanks for listening.

Yeah thanks for letting us know. If I'm ever in there and see him, I'll have an extra ear and eye on him from now on. As mookie posted, he is not an admin of the server, so I don't know what type of commands he tried to do but they should not have worked unless it was just votescrambles.

I was in there just briefly in spectator when he was playing, and it seemed at the time that he was talking fine with his teammates and trying to even help the people in the back. Not sure if what you speak of happened before or after i was there, but it was only maybe a 5 minute time frame. If he is always like this, someone will catch him sooner or later and he wont be around much longer or he'll change his attitude.

• 2 weeks later...