Hello Ohio!

akaM2

So there was some regionalization within my job. Everything throughout the Midwest is being consolidated to Columbus, OH. So I had the choice to find something else in Milwaukee or decide to do my job in Ohio but for the whole Midwest. I decided on the move.

So I will be moving to Columbus and I thought I could see if anyone knew of the better areas to live around Columbus. Would like to have an area that has stuff to do other than a local bar, so I was thinking downtown but didnt know how it rated in comparison to the surrounding cities.

With a bunch of GC located in Ohio I thought I could look for some insight from all of you. Any advice would be appreciated.

Well my sister and brother-in-law live in Columbus, in upper Arlington, its not too far from OSU but far enough you don't deal with the college kids. I don't know what all there is to do right in that immediate area though.

My wifes family is from Columbus, I can ask them and my sister what are some cool areas to live. Definitely some good restaraunts all over the city, anytime I see my sister they have a new place for us to go eat. I'll ask her about other areas, I'm only familiar myself with limited parts of OSU.

i had a client in the arena district that we visited. first time to columbus, but that area seemed pretty cool. i didn't get to the river from there, but have to imagine there are some cool lofts in the arena district, and probably some really cool stuff south of there and toward the river: http://goo.gl/X39Hf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...