Server down

Tirtul

(edited)

server crashed at about 1:35 am pacific time, it says that it is up but I am unable to connect to it. when I use either the any of the address' to connect with the console it just says Lan servers are restricted to local clients

post-4103-0-59462400-1326275651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tirtul

I'm getting "You do not have this 3rd party mod installed." But that's from clicking CONNECT on the Sourceban page. I use it to see who's in before I join. I'll try by direct IP later.

Help us, Jackie-Chan, you're our only hope!

Edited by Cinkadeus

Yes appears there was a required update from NFO right at the exact time you state the server crashed. It mustve messed someting up. I can try restarting it from NFO's site, but if that doesnt work it prolly messed with the plugins or something and Jackie will have to look into it.

*So restarting it did not help. Not showing up on the server list and when i tried to directly connect to the ip it says your same error Tirtul. In console, I get this..

Connecting to public(216.52.148.77:27015)

Sending UDP connect to public IP 216.52.148.77:27015

Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0

RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address 216.52.148.77:27015

CSteam3Client::InitiateConnection: 216.52.148.77:27015

#Valve_Reject_LAN_Game

Edited by samurai nightling

it's a valve issue, they messed something up with the small update. My 16 man server is having same issue, and i cannot find a fix. Valve is "apparently" going to release an update today to correct it.

Yes, it was a Valve update.

When these go through a few things can happen.

1) All is well, game on!

2) Conflict with JC's work, he has to tweak something before we get back up.

3) Valve messed up.

In this case it was #3, and actually, our provider NFO has patched in a workaround in the meantime to get folks running again:

Re: Broken L4D2 update

One of Valve's botched L4D2 updates yesterday appears to have broken servers by preventing them from entering secure public mode. We are rolling out a workaround for this right now, which should fix the problem until they get a proper fix in place.

Yup, I thought Valve broke their game again. I already tried a couple things with it last night before realizing it was something Valve did. If its something on "my" side like if the server doesn't start, its something with sourcemod (which is what happened in an earlier update) and I troubleshot that stuff until I found out what was wrong. Thankfully the test server assisted me since that server would boot up fine and not the 10v10.