About Rushing

RadioKnight

Hi! I was on the server today, and I noticed something thats still going on, and something thats bothered me for quite a while now:

Not everyone thats slightly ahead of the group is rushing!!!

Everyones so quick to jump on people for rushing, but something that has to be understood is that having someone play ahead by a bit to block key spawns is a tactic that wins games. The person that does this is taking a chance: when the rest of the group gets held up, and you know they will, are they going to turn around, or stop? Will they come back to help their team or will they stand their ground to stop the other team from sending a stream of Chargers and Spitters through that narrow corridor? Someone who is truly rushing will continue running and not look back.

Stuff like this is why i dislike using my admin for anything gameplay related. If someone is contually running very far ahead, they get a warning, and if the continue the next map, theyre leaving. But if someone played a bit too far ahead to block spawns, and got screwed for it, thats how the game is played. A lot of good plays are made by moving the forward Survivors farther from the main group and delaying the back ones.

Anyways, Ill be around a bit more. Try and compliment the other team when they make a good play instead of always looking for the person on your team to blame.

Everyone play nice now!

Someone who is truly rushing will continue running and not look back.

This, I kinda dislike it when someone just straight out goes "STOP RUSHING!" instead of saying "Player A are you Rushing?" or "Player B, don't go too far ahead some of us are stuck back here". Whenever I see or hear someone say "STOP RUSHING!" I take it as a disrespecting of fellow teammates, but thats just me.

This, I kinda dislike it when someone just straight out goes "STOP RUSHING!" instead of saying "Player A are you Rushing?" or "Player B, don't go too far ahead some of us are stuck back here". Whenever I see or hear someone say "STOP RUSHING!" I take it as a disrespecting of fellow teammates, but thats just me.

really? I can't be straightforward with u i guess. LAWL!!! not that it was me saying it but Im usually not the one to say hey hes rushing. lets say on............ dead center when u put the cola in so the guy can blow that tank up... and the guy who is "spawn blocking" the front is behind the other building where if he gets pounced we can't shoot due to him being too far. There's a difference if u were two rooms ahead... even if its 5 rooms ahead... but there are ppl who are literally so far that its like wth??!?!?!?! I understand your complaining on the matter but I also understand how frustrated ppl can get when ppl who are in front can't protect themselves but they act as if they can. This is a TEAM GAME. not solo. If you want to go ahead a bit to "block spawn" then I would suggest seeing if someone wants to tag along with u. Otherwise it just takes one ... ONLY ONE hunter to pounce that body and tear it up into [pieces..... I am also tipsy while typing this so SORRY!!!!! hehehe.

<3

Yuri

It's hard to justify rushing in L4D maps because most of the time they rush ahead to spawn block or they just want to get the kajeebus out of there to be safe. It's much like the event at Dead Air, when you have to blow up the gas can to break down the barricade. Kind of hard to resist not rushing out all the way to safety...when that is one of the worst chokepoints beyond any map combine. Although I'm not saying when a guy is a mile ahead isn't rushing. People need to wise up and justify the whole situation before accusing. I was there for that part you were talking about Radio...they weren't rushing so much as they were just standing ahead of us like headless chickens and not offering assistance to the trouble people behind.

I'm starting to have a hard time reading your post Lady...comic san I'm okay with but those multi color words are starting to burn my retina.

really? I can't be straightforward with u i guess. LAWL!!! not that it was me saying it but Im usually not the one to say hey hes rushing. lets say on............ dead center when u put the cola in so the guy can blow that tank up... and the guy who is "spawn blocking" the front is behind the other building where if he gets pounced we can't shoot due to him being too far. There's a difference if u were two rooms ahead... even if its 5 rooms ahead... but there are ppl who are literally so far that its like wth??!?!?!?! I understand your complaining on the matter but I also understand how frustrated ppl can get when ppl who are in front can't protect themselves but they act as if they can. This is a TEAM GAME. not solo. If you want to go ahead a bit to "block spawn" then I would suggest seeing if someone wants to tag along with u. Otherwise it just takes one ... ONLY ONE hunter to pounce that body and tear it up into [pieces..... I am also tipsy while typing this so SORRY!!!!! hehehe.

<3

Yuri

Im very straightforward, but with GC and their rules, I try to treat everything like a court, and in court you cant go "HANG HIM HE KILLED X PERSON WITH THIS WEAPON, HANG HIM, HANG HIM!" or you'll be removed from court.

EDIT: Also AWP, nuff said

Edited by ValenAlvern