Complaint about admin veto of votekick--among other grievances

13thspray

drinks are on someone but noit included

yet again i have felt like a complete outsider to this membership

i have already been banned now i face constant redicule of my actions

most recent afk member vetoed my vote kick on a rusher that was further along than i was when i was banned

seems to me that becoming a member gave me less rights and freedom than beforwe i9 donated

not really sure of the standard of this group as it changes by minute and member login

i really ask why we do not have at least one more l4d2 server

is there a reason to argue why?

i think it is more of an enjoyment of being able to control the one server

lets take a vote

i am one that enjoys compainionship and challenge open to all to play

when problems occur they need to be addressed

but the decisions being m,ade also need to be monitored

i am human i like to have fun

i will die protecting anyone

but they need to be able to be apart of the game

biggs tonight decided to veto a votekick against a rusher

do not get me wrong it was questionable if they were rushing\

they were still in the lead and i was alone defending the rear

did ask several times for help but they pushed on

to solve this i brought up a votekick

===== decision by team

got vetoed by afk member that joined after i did

not sure how vote turns into dick tatership

butt still after fail vote ended up in afk go figure

please need help on this topic at this point wish i never joined had more fun less drama before

any opinions

or are you alright wathcin peeps decide for others cause they can

• Like 1

GC Alumni
(edited)

A little after 7 today I joined into the l4d2 server as the 21st player. After being in spec for about 10 mins (not afk), a votekick against a player was called by 13thspray. Based on the mic conversation it seemed clear to me that 13thspray thought the player was rushing--I did not share that opinion, as the player was merely holding position and was not alone or running forward. I vetoed the votekick.

*7 EST

Edited by Biggs

First off we handled your ban with what seemed like no real hard feelings. Mistakes were made.

Secondly, you aren't the first and won't be the last member to do a votekick and have it vetoed by an admin. Biggs had to have a reason to veto, prolly the exact one you already stated. That's why we have admins, to control both the nonmembers AND members alike. The problem sounds like it was more with your team not helping you in the back, not this group as a whole.

Thirdly, who is constantly ridiculing you? I want names and times of when it happens if it really happens. Shoot me a PM if need be.

And lastly please don't hijack someone's welcome thread to post a huge complaint. It's rude, you should of started a new topic like Biggs did here for you.

Oh and about a 2nd L4D2 server, there have been many topics and discussions about this if you will just search the L4D2 forum section. Jackie won't do it cuz he can't manage 2 servers, no one can code the stuff he does that might be able to do a 2nd server, and 2 servers will prolly split the community too much so then we have 2 half full servers and not 1 full one. That debate was ended a long time ago.

Edited by samurai nightling

Oh and about a 2nd L4D2 server, there have been many topics and discussions about this if you will just search the L4D2 forum section. Jackie won't do it cuz he can't manage 2 servers, no one can code the stuff he does that might be able to do a 2nd server, and 2 servers will prolly split the community too much so then we have 2 half full servers and not 1 full one. That debate was ended a long time ago.

...but think of all the drama we could generate with 2 servers!!!

• Like 1