How lovely is your neighborhood?

Lyndy

(edited)

So, I'm sure some of you have some of your quirks of your neighborhood. This is the second... "bad" neighborhood I have lived in. Now, what's making me want to make this thread is because in the past three nights, there have been several cops at my apartment.

The first night seven cops showed up at my door. SEVEN. Apparently they were looking for an "Alphonso/Alfonzo". Got news that he lived in the same complex as me. Never heard of him. But why would they need seven cops just to look for one guy? It somewhat worried me.

Now, two nights later, when I get home after having evening class, I see an ambulance and two cop cars parked in front of my complex. I... have no idea why. First with those seven cops, and now this. ._. I still have no idea what is going on. ;_; I think I should have a right to know if there is someone dangerous living in the same building as me. ;A;

And as for my first bad neighborhood, had several stabbings and shootings nearby. ._. One shooting was at my house. Oh joy.

Seriously, what is with people today with being wanted by cops, wanting to commit crimes like this... e_e

Anyways, what are the quirks of your neighborhood? (both good and bad) mine are typically bad because of my horrible, noisy neighbors. x_x (I'm also the only white person in this neighborhood, so everyone stares at me... :( )

Edited by Lyndy

What's holding you there? Money? Family?

Money isn't worth risking your life, and if its family then maybe you guys should start looking elsewhere.

My neighborhood is fairly quiet and peaceful. The last disturbance was actually me, new years eve I got into a fight with my drunk buddy in the driveway cuz he wanted to drive home and I wouldn't let him, cops got called and anyways that's a long story. Needless to say everyone said I did the right thing and we still aren't the same with each other since, and I was embarrassed some of my neighbors had to see that.

Other than that my neighbors all have kids and dogs and its a decent place. Not perfect but not terrible by any means.

Some years ago, I lived in a pretty crappy apartment downtown. One of our roommates ended up leaving, so I had a friend that needed a place come over to see the room. Hes looking around when suddenly a cop with a shotgun shows up at the door, "Have you seen [shady guy that lived in the house behind ours]?" After we told him we hadnt, the cop says "OK, stay inside and lock your doors.", and takes off. Needless to say, my friend decided to find another apartment.

Thankfully now I live in a nice house in a better area.

(edited)

What's holding you there? Money? Family?

Money isn't worth risking your life, and if its family then maybe you guys should start looking elsewhere.

My neighborhood is fairly quiet and peaceful. The last disturbance was actually me, new years eve I got into a fight with my drunk buddy in the driveway cuz he wanted to drive home and I wouldn't let him, cops got called and anyways that's a long story. Needless to say everyone said I did the right thing and we still aren't the same with each other since, and I was embarrassed some of my neighbors had to see that.

Would be the money, since this is the cheapest apartment I have found in this city (and the only one I can afford), but it's also in one of the worst places in the city. =/

And oi. Drunken people... I also believe you did the right thing from stopping him. I would've done anything to stop a friend of mine from getting seriously injured. :<

Some years ago, I lived in a pretty crappy apartment downtown. One of our roommates ended up leaving, so I had a friend that needed a place come over to see the room. Hes looking around when suddenly a cop with a shotgun shows up at the door, "Have you seen [shady guy that lived in the house behind ours]?" After we told him we hadnt, the cop says "OK, stay inside and lock your doors.", and takes off. Needless to say, my friend decided to find another apartment.

Thankfully now I live in a nice house in a better area.

D: Scary indeed. If I saw any gun up close or knew that there was a dangerous guy looming around, I would freak out. ;_; But at least you got past that scary moment! :D

I actually used to live in a VERY nice community a few months ago before I moved out. So nice that my brother (who I lived with) didn't even lock his door AT ALL. ._.

Edited by Lyndy

Seriously, what is with people today with being wanted by cops, wanting to commit crimes like this... e_e

logo-1226116686.jpg

Did some say cocaine? Opps...guess not, oh well I got some. Ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-kyeaaaa, baby!

My rule of thumb is, if you live in a big city, live in gated communities or live close to big business.

Well I see you live in Michigan, would this city be Detroit? But really, move back with your bro for a while if he doesn't care, until you get some more money or a better paying job that you can get out to at least a nicer neighborhood without worrying about the cost too much.

Otherwise, keep your door locked, buy a pad lock, lock that, and don't make a habit of going outside alone, even in the day.

Well I see you live in Michigan, would this city be Detroit? But really, move back with your bro for a while if he doesn't care, until you get some more money or a better paying job that you can get out to at least a nicer neighborhood without worrying about the cost too much.

Otherwise, keep your door locked, buy a pad lock, lock that, and don't make a habit of going outside alone, even in the day.

Well, I don't live in Detroit, but the city I live in is supposedly the third worst city in MI when it comes to crime rates; even worse than Detroit (and the population is only 50,000). I lived with my brother and his wife and two kids (four year-old and two year-old), for seven months. It was somewhat difficult living with them since I like to have my privacy and stayed in my room all day. They didn't like this because they want their kids to be social when they grow up and kids will act like how they see other people act. I also didn't like the drama that was started because of it, so after I finally was able to get the money, my brother helped me move out into an apartment for myself.

And, well, I HEARD this place wasn't so bad, but every once in awhile, I would hear people say where I am located is one of the worst spots (or at least close to them). Those few nights of cop cars at my house is the most activity since I've been here (four months). But I also saw a gang stop a car in the middle of the road one time.... ;_; I was like "...that's where I'm supposed to go... I'LL TAKE THE LONG WAY~! :D!" lolololol stuffs ._.

(edited)

the guy who lives in the bottom half of our townhouse decided to get cracked out on E and come up and see what was going on in the upstairs one lovely midnight

Oh hahaa roflzoid, lollapalooza lawlasaurus. People on E crack me up.

I am so glad that I never had to deal with one personally though. I would cry.

Also, love the Drunk Asian Sei video on YouTube. lulz

Edited by Lyndy

I recently moved out of a townhouse complex, nothing crazy really went on there, but there were moments with fights and brawls. Lots of low income single mothers who constantly had very questionable men over, and stuff got heated easily cause alcohol and drugs were always a factor there. I lived there for 14 years, from the time I was 7 till I was 21. It wasnt horrible, but the time before we moved it was getting a little out of control.

Now Im house sitting for my aunt and uncle in a very nice neighbourhood while they are in Florida..although they come back in a month. However my new place Im moving to is in a nice location, a very nice house and Im looking forward to it. Moving a week after I get back from PAX, so roughly 2 weeks.

As for Detroit, yeah....Id never be able to live there comfortably...Im right across the border in Canada and I frequent the states for shopping, concerts and sporting events. But Ive had a few scares after events late at nights. Not fun. Ann Arbor, MI on the other hand....Id love to live there..awesome place D:

Ann Arbor is pretty cool. I planned on going to college there in a couple years, but decided to go to the one in East Lansing instead.

I like that you can walk to many of the stores without having to walk too far. But parking there is ridiculous. Visited the campus there on a Saturday during Fall semester, and it was still horribly busy.

As for BC, there's just a ton of dumbbutts living in this city (some of which who like to stab and shoot random people). It's horrible. -_- (I also didn't live in MI my whole life. My small hometown in Southern Illinois would be the home of my other bad neighboorhood. YAY farmtowns!)

• 1 month later...

My neighborhood is the best.

Every week I have to listen to mexican music, because of my lovely neighbors.:)

Few weeks ago, when I walked outside to smoke, there were about 40 cops searching something with flash lights in the bushes and grass, near my house. When I asked one of them what is going on the answer was like "Get lost!":)

One year ago some drunk idiots damaged (scratches, dents, broken mirrors etc) every other car on my street, without any reason:)

2 Years ago, my buddies swam by my house to show their new car (Acura), we were standing outside by the car. All over a sudden, from nowhere 2 cars stopped by us, next thing I see a wild random drunk latino comes up and with saying "What r u fokking lookin' at?", he punches my friend in the face. Then, about 6 guys popped out from the cars, and the fight began. When police came over, our rivals already left battlefield. We found, those idiots broke all windows in Acura. Cops were questioning us what happened. After they were done with the incident report, they arrested our guy, because he had no insurance for his new car:) They didn't find anyone that night, although we have cameras in each intersection and community paid for them.:)

I love my neighborhood! "Sarcasm"