Max Payne 3

ZeroDamage

Has anyone played this on the PC yet? My copy arrived at home but I am out of town until tomorrow night so I have to wait. I am curious of opinions on the game's story and play; it's been 8 or so years since the second game came out.

From what I hear, before it came people were ranting how it will be a bad game and they're doing it for money. Now that it is out, lots of people love it. Like the previous games it still has glitches with dying and the slow-mo and glitchy models depending on what happens, but still an overall enjoyable game.

I have yet to play it

I finished it yesterday, I luuurve it.

I think a lot of the jankiness comes from the engine, which is the same engine GTA IV uses with all of it's procedurally generated animations. There's times when you're taking cover with two pistols one will be shooting at the ceiling while the other is shooting at where your crosshair is pointing. But at the same time shooting a guy in the leg and watching him tumble down a staircase and then get up at the bottom dazed is awesome.

The game looks really good, it also uses DX11. The character models looks fantastic.

I expected Rockstar to tone down the difficulty. I'm a big fan of Max Payne 1 and 2 but they are really hard games, Max Payne 3 nails it there. You can die in 1 hit, it's not unusual. Taking a stray bullet to the head will kill you, getting a shotgun blast to the chest from within a few feet will kill you. If you use bullet time to jump out and don't kill everyone you're going to by laying on the ground getting pumped full of holes, and you'll probably die. Most games now a days the default difficulty is Medium, which is basically the casual setting. Halo and Gears of War both say "If you're familiar with shooters play on hard" In Max Payne 3 medium might as well be the hard difficulty. I think it's great. Enemies also go down like you would think they should. Only a few shots and they go down, not Uncharted like where it takes a full clip.

I'm going to start going back through today to get some collectables.

• 1 year later...

One of the worst game ever. I've acquired Max Payne 3 about 2 month ago or so. I just installed it on my PC. I can't withstand graphic aspect of the game. It's causing headaches, literally. All cinematic scenes have rainbow flares, pictures have dualization.

I can't play it. At all.

One of the worst game ever. I've acquired Max Payne 3 about 2 month ago or so. I just installed it on my PC. I can't withstand graphic aspect of the game. It's causing headaches, literally. All cinematic scenes have rainbow flares, pictures have dualization.

I can't play it. At all.

That sounds like your opinion, which is wrong, but whatever. :)

I can't play it. At all.

That sounds like your opinion, which is wrong, but whatever. :)
It's my opinion. I'm not talking about gameplay, scenario, physics.

All cutscenes in the beginning are terrible.

I played all old Max Payne games. I loved it. I thought this game is great. But stupid graphic just killed it.

The game is uninstalled. I'm playing tomb raider. And that is the real cool game.

You think it's "one of the worst games ever" not based on gameplay, scenario, or physics, but on the cut scenes at the beginning of the game? That's hardly fair.

I didn't say about gameplay and scenario because I Played only 1 hour, maybe it gets better.

My point is, that the game failed to catch my attention from the beginning, it's actually made me hate itself, which is funny. Never had this situation before.

Don't get me wrong, I share my thoughts about this game, I don't convince anyone to choose my side.

Edited by walkingCat