Name hogging

TheDude

So there's a guy who has started playing regularly on the server using my name.

I've asked him online if he'd be willing to change it and even added him as a friend so i could send him a personal message, but he ignores me. I've checked though and that isn't the only name he's ever used (contrary to mine).

I don't really want to change my name, but knowing someone else is using it, is kinda disturbing (especially since he's not that good and more importantly, not really a team player).

Dat boy be tarnishin my name yo!

So any advice, tips, tricks, shenannigans, etc. I could try?

I knew at least 1 person would react that way. :D That means you are predictable Baloosh! (QI buzzer is going off)

Let me put it this way: i start going by the name Baloosh and make sure i act like a real donkey everytime i'm online.

And it's not just that: The Dude is my name. Some people grow fond of the (online) names they choose. I'm sure you, Jackie, Lookback and Maestro (among many many others) wouldn't want to change theirs either.

Great idea. Thank you!

However it still doesn't solve one problem: sending points. People can't send me points when he is online too and just typing gc won't work either, since many have the tag in their name.

Assuming your new handle is "The Dude[gc]" or similar, would it work to send you points to type:

!sp de[ X

Where X = number of points. Partial names work (as long as the partial bit is unique).

you know....i was thinking of changing my name to yours. Now that someone else has now is as good of a time as any! awesome thanks for the push Dude!

Yeah, i guess people would have to type: de.gc or something.

• Like 1

You guys are such trolls!

Talpa mentioned something like that too before. You know what? As far as i'm concerned the whole world can change its name to Dude, but no matter what you do, there will only be ONE real Dude, THE DUDE :cool:

And it will mean i will have to take you all out, for there can be only one (Highlander-style). However i think there's already a 'which gc-member would you fight in real life'-post...

Can't see the second picture Radio, but it's definitely not the first one. I saw The Big Lebowski and didn't really like it. Got incredibly annoyed by John Goodman's character.

Basically the story is i met a couple of guys in Taizé (a religious 'camp' if you will where people from all over the world gather, even though i'm a sworn atheïst). They couldn't prenounce my real name (which is a general trait for all people that don't speak Dutch), so they just called me The Dude (can't remember why).

We kept in touch and knowing i was a gamer, they advised me to buy Left 4 Dead and when i had to choose a Steam name, i chose The Dude so they would recognise me. It hasn't changed since. I only saw The Big Lebowski a few years later.

That's it :biggrinjester:

Let me put it this way: i start going by the name Baloosh and make sure i act like a real donkey everytime i'm online.

We wouldn't see any difference, then?

Could someone put Lookback back in his troll cage please? He somehow got out again...

I have the key, and I let him out. Don't think I'll put him back in anytime soon.

Fine, but any damage, be it emotional or physical is on your hands Talpa! I'm not cleaning that mess up again...

(edited)

Took ya long enough.

Backatcha

And isn't Baloosh Dutch for donkey anyways?

Edited by Lookback

Took ya long enough.

Backatcha

And isn't Baloosh Dutch for donkey anyways?