Crash Course

Soap

Hello everyone!

I didn't even know I had crash course on my map list. But I loaded it up and was shocked at how cool of an addition it could make.

Someone said it was unstable....is there anything we can do to change that so we can add this little flavor into our community? :D

In l4d1 hardly anyone played it in VS, I consider Swamp Fever the new CC cause it cleans out a server when it loads in, dont think many people would want to play it (Heck people said to bring back Swamp Fever and now they want it out again)

Edited by ValenAlvern

yeah what if we let it run enough to see whatever it is and then force map change? Or just end it before that force map change...something! its a really fun looking setup

At the moment now though, only admins can select Crash Course, or any other campaign that doesn't get randomly selected to be the next campaign to be played. Even though they won't get chosen, I still added support for them in case there is a general consensus to play it...I even have Cold Stream in there.

At the moment now though, only admins can select Crash Course, or any other campaign that doesn't get randomly selected to be the next campaign to be played. Even though they won't get chosen, I still added support for them in case there is a general consensus to play it...I even have Cold Stream in there.

COLD STREAM!!!

• Like 1

:/ that's too bad.

Maybe on super popular days/times (weekend maybe?) a script could add it in and see if it is still hated?

We did this before. No one liked playing it and it was worse than Swamp Fever when it came to killing the server.

COLD STREAM!!!

That "crashes the server", or rather it WAS unstable (havent played since it was added) but the water slows the game down and 90% of that campaign is water. Mainly cause its rushing water, instead of unmoving like in Swamp Fever.

can the water be modified or anything? Maybe a wall put up or something like in Hard rain at the start with the added in Fence to prevent chargers?

Not sure how that might work but on Parish the bridge the water all around below....just thinking out-text-loud.

Jackie any thoughts if that is still an issue?

It's not really water, it's just a bunch of decals. I haven't played this campaign in a long time, but notice how all that running water won't put out Tanks that are on fire? Yeah it's not really water.

The water in the other campaigns is just one animated material file.