Killing Floor Server?

ValenAlvern

(edited)

Someone just bought me this game, so I need a few pointers before I get crazy and die all the time.

Teammates = Survival (Unless playing Solo). Dont engage unless necessary.

Support, Command, Demolitions, and Firebug never aim for head. Any other class Aims for the Crown (Usually neck for Berzerker)

Pistols are last resort, so aim well. Moving messes up your aim. (Crouching does nothing except allowing people behind you to see)

Leave one Zed alive to reach trader, and to heal anyone is there so have your Medical Syringe out when you get close. Also heal 1 person then buy and try to heal the rest. (Healing rest is best when you reach the holding spot before wave starts since you'll have a little bit more time even when it starts)

I could also go into detail about weapons and stuff..

Berzerker: Axe is best for taking out Scrakes with its Alt-Fire, which kills it in about 4 to 6 swings *Also much easier to kill when you stun it*, Katana is faster, but is weaker and it's Alt-swing is slow and not as powerful, but Stuns Scrakes longer (Since it locks it in an animation loop of walking and attacking) Never buy Machete, Knife is always better till Axe or Katana. Chainsaw is Pointless for anything but Boss (Alt Fire only, as it does more damage the basic)

Commando: AK is a good side arm and you'll be using it the most. Either get a SCAR or FNFAL as they're both hi damage weapons (And if you only use them, you'll run out of ammo and the AK can kill most of the little guys in one shot so strictly using hi power Assault Rifles is pointless).

Firebug: Dont worry about Mac10 and get the Flamethrower as fast as you can. You dont want to waste ammo, so use less and more on groups (Flame penetrates and lights groups on fire, let the fire eat away even though it does consistent damage). Husk Launcher and Mac10 as a side for later waves.

Support: Starting just keep the Pump Shotgun, HGS1 is also good. When you reach Level 3, I would suggest using the Hunting Shotgun as it does insane amount of damage (Some even say it out damages the AA-12 (Which I agree with except for Boss wave). When you start leveling it up, it can pretty much hold 2 or 4 weapons. you can out spec with different weapons. Fan favorite is Hunting Shotgun and Crossbow (I use it every chance I get)

Demolitions: The most expensive perk to play. They're best for taking down Fleshpounds because they take extra damage from explosives. You can die from your own pipe bombs so they require you to know the map before placing or you'll die. Weapons and Ammo is expensive so youre the only class to force weapon progression.

Sharshooter: Destroy the brain. Hi end weapons can take down Scrakes and Fleshpounds easily.

Medic: The M7A3 is the only medic gun with power, but you should concentrate on healing over killing. If no Berserker, Sharpshooter, or Demolitions you can take down Fleashpounds by ducking and shooting at its head with the M7A3 since its as powerful as a SCAR.

Important

Crawlers, if youre a Sharpshooter, Berserker or a Demolitions and you're facing these guys head on in a team. Your team sucks.

Scrakes, Sharpshooters, Support, Berserkers have a higher chance of killing these guys alone then any other class. Dont shoot them. At 30% health they attack the last or closest thing.

Fleashpounds, Sharpshooters, Support, Demolitions have a higher chance of taking out these things then any other class. They rage when lossing track of players, when seeing players and they do not engage, when doing 5% damage to it.

Trade after every wave, left box is your inventory and selecting the weapon and you can sell your weapons (cant sell single styled 9mm or knife). The perk you are, the items for your perk will cycle to the top of the list (which is on the right). You can buy whatever you want. You can change perks during the trade round, but only once.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. Max perk level is 6, dont really need to grind as you get price reduction for just being the right perk.

Just need playing experience now pretty much.

IN-DEPTH INFORMATION ABOUT THE GAME MECHANICS:http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by ValenAlvern

(edited)

I would like to point out that Killing Floor has Whitelisted, Greylisted and Blacklisted Mutators (Mutators is just the Killing Floor way of saying Server Extensions basically) and Custom Maps(Doubt they'll be custom maps anyways). Greylisted means its whitelisted till a certain point. 6 Player servers are defualt whitelisted, as soon as you go over six players it becomes blacklisted server. Blacklisted makes it so you cant gain achievements or stats for your perks. (Also it's been a long time since Ive been in a Blacklisted server, but perks also go down to 0 while in the server. Also means no 20player server, might have to be default 6 player)

Also someone would need to know how to "install" the mutators to the server.

Some recommended mutators:

Anti Blocker

Server Ads SE

Server Ext

XBan

Patriarch HP Left

Voting Handler Fix

Specimen Kill Messages

Heres the full list of all the whitelisted mutators

The worst the game says I think "invisible witches"(You know what I mean), so admins can be ban happy with cursing. Server Ads SE allows ingame messages to periodically appear if Im not mistaken.

This the socially excepted norm of what defines griefing in Killing Floor, an Admin can make a list of what they specifically think griefing is. Some of that stuff in the griefing list doesnt really bother me too much.

Also recommended server name could be "GC Killing Floor Server | Whitelisted |Core Maps" or "Gamers Coalition Server|Whitelisted|Core Maps" just as long as it says Whitelisted and Core Maps you'll get poeple to join.

ONE MORE THING. If youre gonna kick people from the whole server (as per reserve slots type of thing, or whatever) I would only do it on waves 1 through 4. Wouldnt want to have bad rep from doing that on later waves, also uses Web Admin since thats in there by default I think.

Edited by ValenAlvern

I ended up renting a KF server for a few months so I'd know how to install mutations and set up admins and whatnot as Valen and NIghtling can attest to that, but if Valen wanted to, he could be in charge of the server.

I really don't think it would bring any new joinees in though

Two things:

A: I don't think we're aiming to bring in new joinees necessarily, though that wouldn't be a bad thing

2: Valen isn't even a GC member, so I don't know how that'd work for him running a server we host..

Two things:

A: I don't think we're aiming to bring in new joinees necessarily, though that wouldn't be a bad thing

2: Valen isn't even a GC member, so I don't know how that'd work for him running a server we host..

Oh yea?

I actually bought it just after posting.

wait, really? nice :) though... it feels like you've been a member for a long time now

I remember back when the l4d2 server was made. Too bad it feels like years since I last touched L4D2, otherwise I would have been a member long ago.

Well if its no extra cost, lets just set one up. We have 2 people who know how to add the plugins, and we prolly only need a 6 man server, I'd imagine there wont ever be many more than maybe 6-10 people wanting to play at a given time. This way we keep it whitelisted, get perks and achievements, and all is good. It was nice back when Jackie had a server, somewhere we knew we could play automagically.

(edited)

Sweet. Looks like the ball is rolling on this one. I'll re-install tonight. As for the being ban happy for cursing, it's humorous considering this is like the goriest, most grotesque game out there. That said, I still think it's good policy just so people don't start screaming at each other.

Edit: Has anyone successfully used their Droid to remotely install a steam game?

Edited by Barashin