Cool member banned from L4D2 server

whiteguy

Hello I am requesting to be unbanned. I was banned by Crash because of something small he misunderstood. Im good friends with Jackie and Meastro and other admins. Ive been a member for almost 6 months and I deserve to play on the server I am helping support.

Thanks,

Zoomers

GC Alumni
(edited)

I do not see an apology here for any of the egregious things you have said here on the forums. In my opinion, you need to recognize that you have severely insulted both crasx and this community by your posts, and you need to sincerely apologize for those words, and you need to vow to follow the rules of conduct set forth by our community. I do not think un-banning you is a light matter, considering your prior conduct.

*edit* Also, I'd request that no one other than whiteguy or administrators reply in this topic. Thank you.

Edited by Biggs

Do you even realize the things you posted? They were beyond out of control. In any case, I don't think this decision is up to me so we'll have to see what the other admins think.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Almost everything you have said in this thread has been either a lie or a poor excuse for your actions. You should not be making excuses or trying to justify what you did or said, that is 100% the wrong way to go about this if you want to be un-banned. Please don't get angry because of what I'm saying to you, because anger will only cause you to post worse and worse things here.

Maybe referring to this guide will help you. I'd suggest that you read it thoroughly.

*edit*

OK, I am done with this topic, I'm going to let other admins handle this from here out.

Edited by Biggs

When you join GC, you're held to higher standards than non-members so whatever actions you do on and potentially off the servers reflect how we as a community are represented. When you say that "SP = savepoints" also that "you didn't know what it stood for", and then you go on to say that you've been a member of GC for 6 months and you frequent the L4D2 server enough so you should know the ins and outs of the mods on there enough to know that "SP != savepoints" and telling server noobs that is misleading them in my book. It's in the same area as a GC member telling someone to "F10 to buy". I would kick them for that. Kicks are warnings. You were kicked as a warning to you at which point you storm onto the forums to berate Crasx and his decision to kick you.

Your 1 sentence posts apologizing quite frankly don't speak enough about what you did. You're not acknowledging what you did was wrong and it seems to me you're going as far as to refuse to do so.

Oh my... WAA WAA IM HANDICAPPED WAA WAA> No wonder your a piece o sht. Your precious little battle against the world for not being normal has turned you into sissy loser

Yeah... uhhh.......

GC Server Admin
(edited)

Is the ban lost in the logs....? I can't find it; neither can I find an apology .....?

Had to do some searching : http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/41803-admin-abuse/

Conclusion 1:

I apologise to Oni - for the late communication regarding the original issue - I was rather rash in my desicion to slay you - didn't assess the situation properly - got me at an off-moment - I'll just slap you next time lol.

Conclusion 2:

FACTS :

- (Zoomers) - Your unwarranted immature comments are unnecessary are blatant examples of disrespect to all concerned.

Regardless whether the comments that were made were 'under-influence' or not, you have an obligation to conduct yourself here with some dignity.

Being friends with Admins is not going to influence any decision that will be made.

Can we ask all to please stay on topic and cut out the insolence in forums - or am I missing something here.....? Rhetoric question there, need not reply.

Edited by MPG1770

(edited)

Ok listen, Sorry for that rant, I did get drunk that night and it got out of control. I read that guide and now I know what GC all about. Very cool. I wont get super drunk and go on rants if I get kicked. It was a misunderstanding and ive apologized.

Edited by whiteguy

I'm glad I've been checking this frequently, since I got to see how you've edited your own post. The fact that you can't decide whether you did cocaine or got drunk leads me to believe this is a completely fabricated story. For one, drug and alcohol problems are a serious matter, and such references are frowned upon at GC. If you do have an issue with either then you should seek help outside of l4d2. If you made this story up... well, you've made a mockery of those who do have drug/alcohol issues. Either way, you have no place in this community in my opinion.

Yes I edited it because of the drug contect. What the hell else do you want me to say!!?? Ive apologized and read the guide. Like what the hell? You seem intent on no matter what I do to not let me back in.

You stepped on some toes and since day one of the ban you have not shown an ounce of humility towards the admin or your fellow GC members.... of course people are going to be apprehensive about letting you back in.

pretty much

After reading that other thread, I will have to say no. Your insult to someone who is disabled tinkled me off actually. My son is disabled with multiple issues and your ignorant attack and name calling on a disabled member did it for me. As far as I am concerned, you are done here.

If you do have another steam account, don't be dumb with it.

• Like 3

Ok lets finish this so I can go study.

1. I have a "System" for kicking people. I usually don't kick people for minor things like language or "goofing around", but if you continually do bad things I will kick you (ie: if you are on my radar I'm not as lenient). In this case you started the match with bad language which put you on my radar, then you lied about a command which warranted a kick. whatever, I don't need to justify kicking you
  2. you came to the forum and raised crap, that warranted a ban for a couple days. I put it out there that I was disabled which in retrospect wasn't the best idea, but you attacked that without cause, I was saying nothing mean to you... just hoping you would calm down. You handled it poorly which warranted a perma ban
  3. you ask jackie and biggs to add you on steam so you can talk to them. Why not me? I am an extremely understanding person and was willing to educate you and work this out. So you missed that chance.
  4. your apologies are extremely arrogant, " I deserve to play on the server"- no, you don't. GC is an extremely fair and open place. I am proud to be an admin and uphold these standards. If I make a mistake I acknowledge it, hope I am forgiven it and learn from it. You have done none of the above.

So what could have been a temporary ban escalated unnecessarily to a permanent one at your fault. Take some time to think about it, and talk to me in a month if you think you have changed and learned something about being a decent human being and can show it. (See, even here I am understanding and any other admin would just say good riddance contrary to your original opinion of me)

So, ban stands, and I am proud gc supports this.

• Like 2