samurai nightling

http://www.reddit.com/r/minez

Can we try this out? Maybe on a 2nd server? It's a Minecraft mod either inspired or made by the same people who did the DayZ mod on Arma II. It sounds really fun, and I'm gonna try to test it out on some other pub servers to see how it is. Pretty much only zombies are the mobs, and they are faster, see you from farther distances, and you go in search of loot in a huge world of which the farther north u go the harder the areas become to travel. There's towns, but they aren't too close together.

Anyone else interested?

(edited)

So me and biggs played this together last night. It is pretty fun, but don't trust anyone other than your friends. If its not zombies attacking me, then its some jerk who just wants my items. We went travelling into the wilderness a little and before we found another town, 3 jerks chased us down and killed us. Definitely travel in large groups for protection. Other than some peoples lack of trying to help each other out, I had a blast.

Edited by samurai nightling

watched a couple of youtube vids, but there's something i don't get.

when you die, you start off with 0 items. but when you log off, what happens to your items? do they disappear too?

I found this on the site:

In this screenshot some of the testers have returned from the north. Many of them have secured iron armor (you start with leather) and are at the main town to the south east trying to obtain more supplies. One of them alerted the horde, and they battle as a team to defeat them and try to survive. We use persistence, meaning player inventory, health, hunger, and location are saved to a central database. If you join any MineZ server, you will be where you left off with all your equipment. This means you can hop around servers if one happens to be full. We also track your current stats and record stats, which will be posted to a comprehensive stats page on the upcoming website. This means players can compete for the top zombie kills, top player kills, and longest time alive!

http://imgur.com/a/a0mV1

• Like 1

(edited)

Yeah so this mod is pretty much just people grouping together as bandits, just killing everyone. Zombies are on the bottom of my list as far as concerns go.

What I worry about when playing in order:

1. Food

2. Bandits

3. Water

4. Zombies

5. Armor and other items.

Food is scarce, and you need it to continue on living.

Bandits are EVERYWHERE. I wish there were some PvE servers.

Water is plentiful if you stick near the coast cities, but you'll need more if you want to head north.

Zombies are crazy more at night, but in towns there's enough people to handle the occasional attack.

The rest of the stuff seems to just be random, but more common than food.

Also, I guess we can't download this mod. It's only on their servers, and they like money, so odds of them releasing it for download is slim to none.

Edited by samurai nightling

Also, I guess we can't download this mod. It's only on their servers, and they like money, so odds of them releasing it for download is slim to none.

Yeah, I see that as well. Dang.

Shame , sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I would think pve would be more fun that pvp cause of gankers.

Cool idea , fully changable mmorpg world. Build a castle and defend! Fight north toward the evil bandit king! Build a machine gun to lay waste to groups of mobs!

Well Idk about that last part.

Oh god this game... THIS GAME..... well more of a mod... THIS MOD

JackieChan and I were walking on the road, lone person comes along and starts following us. Follows us for a good minute or 2. I had found a bow and 17 arrows before meeting up with Jackie. I take it out, he looks back at me, and I look at him, and he looks at me, and I look at him, and he looks at me. So I shoot, he tried backing away hoping I'd miss him.... expert bowman mode kicks in. He dies, turns into a zombie and I take his stuff.

Later I was harassing another player by running at them with my sword out (they ran away), I stalked them a few times to put the fear of god in them. (this is more humorous because I have a Gimp-Suit Skin on my character)

Edited by ValenAlvern

Yeah so this mod started off fun, and quickly turned into terrible.

It's simply a place for people to come to try and kill other people. Forget actually trying to survive and help each other. As soon as anyone gets anything of value, you get back stabbed by someone else.

It's gotten so frustrating I'm not sure I can bring myself to keep playing.