New Plugin Public Test

JackieChan

I agree with Chief's forum thread posting, and others thus far.

I'd like the same "point system" way of knowing how much damage you're doing. So when you boom three people it looks like this:

Boomed Survivor!

Boomed Survivor!

Boomed Survivor!

Or spit damage:

Spit Damage!

Spit Damage!

Incapped Survivor!

Spit Damage!

Spit Damage!

Spit Damage!

I don't know if this was the plan, but I like a lot of things the point system tracks (game ending MVP's, etc.), don't need the actual buy menu and points though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Projected Changes:

-Removing Civilian class and merging it with Medic. Medic won't be able to use the M4 and only Tier 1.

-Removing Class Limits. Going to let players choose whatever classes they want.

-Mid-Round Class Changing. You can request to change your class, but you must wait at least 30 seconds before you can change your class upon request so you can't just change to medic, heal yourself, then go back to what you were before right away.

I forgot to mention that medics can revive teammates 50% faster than other classes.

I plan on getting everything set up sometime soon. I want to do one more 10v10 test soon after I add everything. I don't think I'm going to ask anyone to volunteer in this thread this time since I think I'm just going to ask around to see if people want to on that night.

I'm thinking maybe a Tuesday night next week or something given I get everything set up.

I also might make it so every class can use a med kit (picking one up off a dead medic), but the time to heal is double the default (so possibly 10 seconds since the default heal duration is 5) as a medic would know how to heal a player vs a non-medic not knowing how to properly heal someone.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I think the last version of the class plugin is ready for testing. I'm hoping to start it this week, either Wednesday (11/14) or Thursday (11/15) night). If an admin is on the server, I'll let them know about it. I'll also make a Steam group announcement about it as well just to let everyone know.

• Like 1

Also, just an overview on everything:

-There are NO class limits. There can be 10 Assault classes if a team wants running around.

-There are 4 classes to choose from: Assault, Medic, Support, Sniper.

-If you do not pick a class before the round starts (when someone leaves the saferoom), you will be randomly assigned one.

-Upon connecting to the server, you are assigned a random class.

-You can change your class at any time by typing !class in chat. You may change your class mid-round, but you must wait 30 seconds before the !class menu is available to you. Once you are allowed to, you type !class again and then choose your next class. You have 15 seconds to choose your next class after it's been made available to you, otherwise you have to wait the 30 seconds again. This is to prevent people taking advantage of the wait period. Your chat gets "spammed" with messages to let you know how much longer you have to wait and when you are allowed to change your class.

--If you change your class, you will LOSE YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON AND MED KIT (if you're a Medic) AND IT WILL BE GONE FOR GOOD. This means if you have that precious AK47 with a laser sight and want to switch to a Medic, your AK47 will be gone forever. You won't be able to pick it up again. Just one of the drawbacks to choosing another class mid-round.

--When changing your class, your current class will not appear in the !class menu. Make sure you roll whatever gun you want before the round starts, otherwise if you want to reroll an Assault weapon mid-round, you will have to wait 60 seconds.

-Typing !classlist lists everyone on your team and what class they are.

-As a Medic, typing !defib will queue a defibrillator instead of a med kit once the cooldown finishes. Typing !defib again switches it back to a med kit.

--The Medic's First Ait Kit Cooldown is currently 60 seconds.

--Medics are the only class who can pick up incapped teammates twice as fast as other classes. Meaning they only have to wait 2.5 seconds instead of the game's default 5 seconds.

-The Support class currently gets only 2 ammo piles to drop. I'm thinking about reducing this to 1.

-For the Support class, typing !dropammo will drop an ammo pile for your team to refill their ammo.

-Typing !reqammo will let Support players know that you are requesting an ammo drop.

-Medics are the only class restricted to using Tier 1 weapons only. Every other class can use Tier 2 weapons.

GC Alumni

--If you change your class, you will LOSE YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON AND MED KIT (if you're a Medic) AND IT WILL BE GONE FOR GOOD. This means if you have that precious AK47 with a laser sight and want to switch to a Medic, your AK47 will be gone forever. You won't be able to pick it up again. Just one of the drawbacks to choosing another class mid-round.

--When changing your class, your current class will not appear in the !class menu. Make sure you roll whatever gun you want before the round starts, otherwise if you want to reroll an Assault weapon mid-round, you will have to wait 60 seconds.

So if I "reroll" mid round, I get a new gun with full ammo? If so, I don't like that.

--Medics are the only class who can pick up incapped teammates twice as fast as other classes. Meaning they only have to wait 2.5 seconds instead of the game's default 5 seconds.

-Medics are the only class restricted to using Tier 1 weapons only. Every other class can use Tier 2 weapons.

Is that the same speed as adrenaline? What happens if a medic uses adrenaline.. even faster?? Sounds like it could be OP to pick up that fast all the time, but having only T1 guns is crippling at times..

Just a thought, maybe you can combine the !dropammo and !defib commands? Just make one command called !action and let the plugin figure out which class you are... that'd be one less bind everyone will have to make.

Edited by Biggs