The real Killer of the GC Fun L4D2 Server

chick82

I'm tired of the No fun Server, I'm tired of all the threads about this person or admin being bad or wrong. I'm not going to sugar coat this and to quote what someone said about me 'chick you have have a low tolerance for b.s." Honestly I do.

This server use to be a blast and we had a few "trouble makers" (not really trouble makers just very opinionated outspoken). But then over the last few months we've gotten new members and this is what's really been going on.

I would hate to be an admin on this server right now, because of the select few who could careless about the rules or the admins authority.

See I been in games where we have a lot of fun and it's not at the expense of insulting someone. We don't have to read in chat about players telling admins how they did something wrong and admins having to explain themselves.

So here goes:

The players:

You have players like hoojee who switch teams and admins have warned him/kicked him sometimes, other times I think they are just over dealing with it. So what do you do? He gets away with it because at this point admins are fed up with being told how to do their job.

You have amit who use to be a lot of fun and joke around, who now swears, insults people, and just kinda of mean. Admins warn/kick/15min ban. But it still continues on. So he gets away with it because honestly what's the point? He doesn't care if you ban him for a day he'll come back in 24 hours and start up again.

Codrut who a lot of the time (and yes I been in a lot games where this has happened) if an admin bans or kicks someone he wants to know why, and then the other night when an admin kicked someone and gave him I think a perma or day ban Codrut's response was "why not 15mins". Why is it any of your business, why do we have to look at chat and see this conversation scrolling through and miss out on our teammates asking for points?

You have players, this list is to long to point who's who, who if someone does something like go up to a high room or something off the normal thing their comment is "oh don't do that you might get banned for griefing, or oh this is a no fun server don't do that" Honestly knock it off, you guys spend more time dogging the admins and the server and less time playing. Then you have new players who are like will i get banned for that or what do you mean no fun. Who are you to tell them what an admin is going to do. Just knock it off, honestly this server is fun, we have fun, but you guys are so wrapped up in this small stuff or if someone gets warned that you suck the life out of the fun.

The admins:

Jackie: Doesn't really play anymore. He's Over it

Tirtul: Plays but on the verge of being done. He's Over it

Nightling: Has a baby coming but he's Over it

Radio: Plays but done dealing with it. he's Over it

Crash: Plays occasionally but he's really Over it

MPG: Never really play with him, but I think he's fed up from what i have seen

Radical: Play with him occasionally he's over it

Biggs: He played GW2, and idk how he feels.

Cake: Life (haven't seen her around so i'm guessing life happens)

IR: Plays occasionally but not sure.

7 admins who don't want to deal with it anymore. They are done with the backlash, the insults, the riding them, the arguing with them. These admins became admins to make the server fun to get rid of rushers, swears, griefiers. The people who take the FUN out of the server. But they can't do that anymore, without being told by people they are wrong or they are making the server no fun.

I don't know about you, but I like having admins around, I like knowing that if someone is ruining our game that they will take care of it, but now I don't like having them around, because they just are sick of it. It's obnixous and rude for members to treat the admins and other members the way they have. It's disrespectful and mean.

I like super late night, cause it's a lot of fun, and most people don't question the admins, they don't question the server fun level, they actually are having fun.

It makes me sick that even session has started to become one of these people that comments, now he's just joking, and I don't think he realizes how bad it is. But when you take someone who has fun, and loves the game and turn him into a kinda of jerk it makes me question how bad things have become.

The sad part it's only a handful of people. And those handful will either come on here and tell him how wrong I am, and how I can be a pain because I apparently don't like people to have fun, instead of saying you know what we need to knock it off. We need to go back to the way were we joked around and it wasn't at others expense.

Last night Malo & Session where singing ducktales and then Malo kept on singing and it's fun for a little bit, but after awhile it does get distracting and a bit annoying. So i asked nicely for him to stop. But he kept on and tirtul asked him to stop and it kept on, and then he warned malo, who was like seriously. But he dropped it. And then others picked up on the no fun server and we spent more time listening to people complain then being able to help our team.

Next time you accuse the admins or members of ruining the fun server because they don't tolerate the disrespect, the insults, the little pokes at admins or members, maybe you should look in the mirror and realize you are what's causing the problem not us.

• Like 4

Im not one to usually get in the middle of the drama, but I feel I need to offer an honest opinion.

The reason we have to crack down so hard on everything lately is truly due to YOU the people in the server, yes YOU.

When I first started playing here, the member base on the server was fairly small, tons of regulars, few paid members. I joined the community because I enjoyed the server and the fun it brought without any of the crap. Ive made several friends here, but because of all this silly drama, even theyve all gone away from the game in general now.

To all you members, you know our rules, why must you challenge them when it is you, the player at fault. We understand slip ups every now and then, but when youre consistently breaking the rules and we have to take further actions, it turns into backlash from your fellow members and then we have to crack down harder, because you feel we treat certain people differently and to be fair, we have to get more strict with our enforcement. The second someone complains about a certain person (ie. sess1ons soundboard) it becomes a problem and some people dislike it and feel its unjust to them if we dont tell them to stop. I personally love it, I hate to warn the guy for something so trivial as Ive played with him for a long time on this server, but because of all the complaints about EVERYTHING we have to stop every little action and nit pick all the fun.

Like I stated in a previous thread, us admins do not get off on kicking/banning our fellow players. We like all of you, but we have a job to do and even if that means going against our friendships and comrades, we have to because the server comes first as an admin. Its not a glorifying thing for us. We get constant abuse the second we have to do our jobs or people questioning our actions.

You want the fun back? Maybe understand why we have to do what we do. This community has been around for a very long time and its values have stayed strong the whole time. Just because you dont like them or care to follow them doesnt mean they should change around you.

Anyways, Im done with my rant. Look forward to playing with you all and hopefully this speaks to some people.

• Like 5

Chick left me out of her admin list..... :(

But in all seriousness, Chick and Radical hit on some great points on what the true issues are in the server.

People need to have respect for their fellow players, admin or nor.

Just because you don't agree with a rule on the server, doesn't mean you need to push the envelope and test the admin. If you decide this is the game you want to play, then yes there will be action taken. No we don't enjoy dealing out punishment to our fellow players.

If you don't agree with the server/GS's rules, then you should have done a little more research in to what you were paying for when you wanted to become a "member". These rules were set in to effect way before you came around to play 10v10 L4D, deal with them or get out.

Stop running to the forum claiming "abuse" when there was no abuse and all that really happened was you broke the rules and were handed some punishment. You all know the rules by now, if you have forgotten them then go ahead and pull them up by pressing "h" in game before you start to play. You do the crime, you do the time.

At the end of it all, let's play together and have some fun. The video game is what brought us all together, so let's play it and enjoy our time together.

• Like 3

GC Coalition Member

Codrut who a lot of the time (and yes I been in a lot games where this has happened) if an admin bans or kicks someone he wants to know why, and then the other night when an admin kicked someone and gave him I think a perma or day ban Codrut's response was "why not 15mins". Why is it any of your business, why do we have to look at chat and see this conversation scrolling through and miss out on our teammates asking for points?

You know there is a post of mine of that day and well, i dont write that? You know i asked once why someone was kicked? Please dont write random things if you dont know. I kill the server fun? I am going in the bad team always to try to equilibrate and give the game a little fun for BOTH teams not for the wining one. And i am a server killer when i help others news to understand the point system? Then escuse me

i guess i do hear ppl say a lot "i'm going to get my money back if x-y-z keeps happening" (something fun they want I think?)

And then there is a lot of comments about "they paid an extra $15 dollars and they think they are xyz"

and that is kinda...disparaging to hear over the mic.

those things need to stop first.

But maturity is more of an issue, with enough maturity comes people being respectful.

Not sure those things can be changed the people who are causing these issues :/

Hire Gordon Ramsay so say "shut it down!" - Hell's Kitchen style, my fiance loves that show.

All youtube videos seemed too long to get the point across.

Edit- On a side note, it would be sad to see the server go... there are a lot of good people who play there. The few are ruining it for the masses.

Edited by Madvillain

Oh man. You guys hit the spot. I'm so busy with college, my last year, so I hardly have been on. Yes, I am tired of some players who don't respect other players. I know Jackie is tired of dealing with it and I don't think that many players realize that without him, there would be no 10v10 server. He works so hard and does all these extra things to make the server fun but there have been so many complainers and disrespectful comments towards him, admins, other players, and the server. Please be respectful and realize that people are putting time, money, effort to keep this server up and fun.

• Like 2

If people can't shape up and respect rules without constantly instigating admins, I'm going to have to have admins start laying down harsher bans. I'm getting fed up with all these topics saying that admins are abusing their powers by warning/kicking people when the admin had every damn right to do so in the first place. Non-admins aren't there to regulate the admins, that's for the other admins/board members to do. When you have people constantly questioning admin decisions, you're damn right that admin is going to get irritated and they are going to defuse the situation THEIR way by kicking/banning.

STOP INSTIGATING ADMINS. STOP BEING DICKS. JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME AND HAVE FUN. LET THE ADMINS DO THEIR DAMN JOB AND STAY THE HECK OUT OF THEIR BUSINESS.

• Like 8