Yo Yo Yo

Fatty

So I'm stopping in....cause I received an email about a potential FFO 2013 from Flitter, amongst other business related topics.....

Very interested indeed.

I always wonder who's around, how things are going, what's new and old....etc.....about 4 months ago in some stuper I updated CS:Source and stumbled into our empty server....

What's the main game? Is the new CS where it's at? Are more playing some other game? I know Clue is lost in BF2 or some BF. I played Diablo 3 through a character and a half and then school picked up again and it collected dust....yay for summers.

Besides that, there is and hasn't been any gaming for me....my connection to GC is the infrequent reported post to a moderator (which make me laugh, cause I do follow the links...the latest one tossed me knee deep into the political asylum....eeek)

Mini, Lost, Duke, Clue, Fish....I know these guys are well in real life. We have our get togethers here and there. I'll be hunting with Fish in a couple weeks. I sent the FFO date to them, told them to mark their calendars.

I'm nearly through a divorce. Don't say sorry!

I would totally be up for a FFO next summer. It would be so awesome to see new and old faces and the old stomping grounds. The 11th through the 14th fits my share parenting schedule quite nicely!

It seems like it's been forever....but I just have to say I'm so proud of and thankful for they guys that have kept this organization running. We had some very prominent times, so major events, some huge fundraisers, some bizarre drama...all kinds of stuff. I still tell the story about the guy who, after I banned him from our server (oh, back in 2005??) proceeded to post my phone number (which was publicly attached to all domain ownerships at the time) all over Craig's list.....and I had to file a police report. Anyone remember that?

So again, what's the main game? Someone have a steam gift for me for the new CS?? Are grenades worth a damn in it? Cause, aside from being the human sandbag for so many years, I certainly prided myself on being able to toss a grenade into anyone's lip.....then one day it didn't kill them anymore and my stock plummeted....but I still laughed and struggled to keep my 1:1 ratio....

My kids (3 girls) are all adept at using the mouse/keyboad combo. They play L4D2 locally....although a couple of them venture out without me knowing...and I'm always like: they think it's me playing!!!! (as if they'd run into someone I'd know, as they play as the newb)

Anyways, I miss you guys (and a few gals?)....just wanted to say YO!!! and see what's up.

GC Founder

Everyone went to CS:GO, well, immediately on release. We've got that of course (note to self - make new server monitor)

Our LFD2 server is beyond popular; more than Retro ever was almost certainly. Some drama but if the ladies can pick up the mod rules I'm sure they're more than welcome (just don't rush...)

If they Minecraft, we do that too.

Fatty! Glad you're almost done with that divorce--I just bought my first car a few months ago and I imagine a divorce is like car shopping x 1 million (man car salesmen are annoying).

It does seem like we have new members drawn in by our L4D2 server daily, which is exciting, lots of people playing there. Other than that we have plenty of the old vets (well, old to me anyways) playing CS:GO, and some guys playing Minecraft too.

seriously? my post count is still safe?

I should of passed you by now, but...

stutters....get to work.

I wish someone would of warned me about this adult crap.

Hello from Portland, Oregon. I served about 8 months in San Antonio working for Rackspace, but about 1 month in I remembered Lunk was in the area. Since I couldn't ban/burn/slap in him real life for the same lulz, I figured I should probably just move. Truthfully, it's too bad we never met up in real life. He even offered to help if I needed any help getting settled. I assumed that's Texan for "if you want me to take you out to the ranch, fix a target on you, and tell you to run, just say you need help."

I'm working for a creative agency here and doing work for Xbox, so any time I had for gaming is now spent doing "research and development," which means playing around on Xbox LIVE and sucking terribly at Halo 4. At least it was an easy transition from being bad at CS to being bad at Halo.

That's it that's all.

I'm working for a creative agency here and doing work for Xbox, so any time I had for gaming is now spent doing "research and development," which means playing around on Xbox LIVE and sucking terribly at Halo 4. At least it was an easy transition from being bad at CS to being bad at Halo.

That's it that's all.

Timeout, you're on Live?? Post your GT up in the forums!

Also, :wavey: Fatty

What these guys said about the games, LFD2, CS:GO, Minecraft. A few folks around here play Diablo 3 fairly regularly as well. I used to be one of them until I lost access to a usable form of high speed internets for my gaming computer. Hopefully to be restored in a month.

GC Founder

I just realized that this past August marked the decade anniversary of THESE forums.....that jerk yermother created them for me....and made himself user #1. I've still never forgiven him for that. Maybe it was unavoidable but it was just wrong.

When you actually got the stars aligned, domain bought, doors opened for GC.

NOTE: Others may or may not be able to open some of these links:

Post at the bottom of this page is where your synapses kinda hit on something:

http://gamerscoaliti...-2/page__st__25

It continues on through page 3 with crowbar vomiting words.

Then this:

http://gamerscoaliti...mers-coalition/

and then this:

http://gamerscoaliti...alition-member/

There are other threads out there; those were just the three that I could dredge up.

Also, if you feel like doing some work, this needs some help before it can be linked for reals in the forum menu:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php/pages/gctimeline

• Like 1

GC Founder

it's true....that man I'm reading really had some vision. We should release those archives to the public in some way....

It's kinda scary / disturbing / weird / enlightening to read my own words and how much passion / thought I put into this stuff.....wow. Thanks for finding that stuff. It really would be a worthwhile read for some of the newbs....maybe to bring them back to the beginning.

GC Founder
do you believe there's enough people out there that would toss their money in with ours to create this gaming guild? The time of privacy and egos and who's better than who is over.....it's just time to game, in my opinion.

I'm about to touch myself while reading my own posts.....is that wrong?

GC Founder

I remember the day I turned on the gadget that adds your post to your previous post if you do it quickly....and it still works. I love it.

And I probably went over a line that I drew a long while ago with that comment above....oops.

I forget what that's called... self-somethin', but yeah it's wrong :prplwacko:

This is pretty cool seeing discussions from the beginning--it really makes everything else seem like small potatoes.

And now we know how you got 25000 posts

GC Founder

And now we know how you got 25000 posts

hahhaa, look at the number of topics I've started.....

ok just spent 10 minutes staring at my old config.cfg and tabbing back and forth to CS:GO to see if I could make them match....oh boy....