Ezikayel

Leonebluen

So, tonight around 2:30am I started playing with Ezikayel. I'd give you his steamID, but I don't really know how.

Anyways, first he was continually attempting to stack teams. I told him this was against the rules, and he proceeded to argue with me about how the rules are stupid, and I'm stupid, and how he's a fair player and the non-stacking rules aren't.

After that, he stopped stacking. Instead, the next round, he rushed through the entire map without his team. When I told him the rules prohibit rushing, he told me that he didn't care because I was just trying to ruin his fun. I directed him to the forums to read the rules, but I don't believe he did so. Additionally, he made poor excuses like "I'm just adapting my playstyle, the only objective of a survivor is to survive," which are the usually bogus junk you hear out of a rule-breaker.

I don't care if new people break the rules out of ignorance, so long as they reform their behavior when they are told what the rules are. However, Ezikayel not only refused to alter his behavior, but directly insulted the rules of this community in a shallow attempt to justify himself.

I offer this post up to the almighty admins for a decision, and I thank you for your time.

This is the reason members have the votekick ability, not for abuse or benefit to themselves or revenge but for this reason here.... kick someone like that next time.

Also type "status" in the developers console (like walkingcat said) and that will give you all the info you need on jerks like that.

Votekick probably wouldn't have gone through. There were only about 10 ppl there in total. Non-members tend not to care so much about stacking and swearing and often vote no just to annoy the one member who does.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Anyone should realize that you score more points by playing as a team..

Also, !votekick doesn't leave a record of the event on the Sourcebans page. Better to have a real ban on record, even if it's a temp ban, so it's a good thing Dude handled it.

Unrelated, but I was just looking at the Sourcebans page and saw that MPG banned twelve players this afternoon (10 for 30 minutes, 2 for 1 day) over a span of 7 minutes. That must be a record or something.

Edited by Biggs