Why are admins so abusive?

Ooog

Ok maybe abusive is the wrong word but...

Just left a game where we were killing a main left behind (mexican cowboy).

Battling, battling , battling to kill him and lo and behold when we have got him

at last someone decides to teleport him to the safe room....

What makes it worse is it was a very close game, still could have gone either way...

What's the point in playing hard when an admin will capriciously tip the scales?

(edited)

Are you sure it was a teleport? Did you actually see the command the admin typed in?

Can't think of any admin that would do that without a good reason. Are you sure Mexcan Cowboy didn't just leave, at which point the survivor became a bot and teleported?

I suppose the admin in question will be here soon to straight it out.

Edit: also in your topic title you seem to point to 'admins', not just this one case. If you are having problems with one admin or another, you should tell him that. If that doesn't lead to anything, let a board member or senior admin know. Don't let these little annoyances fester until they lead to a topic like this.

Edited by TheDude
  • Like 1

(edited)

I'm guessing one of 2 things happened, cause I have almost all admins on my friends list & I didn't see any on. So i'm going to say 1 of these might of happened:

1) If it was in a finale: and a main respawns, regardless of if they are in the saferoom or not will get all the points as if they made it to the end, or wherever they are in the finale at the time of respawn.

2) They person who responsed type !stuck which is a big no no, and whoever did it should get a talking too.

Edited by chick82

Curious... he definitely moved a huge distance instantly...

It was the map before the bridge finale, we had him all the way at the end where the semi is.

He kept healing under a smoker. Occasionally we had crazed chargers (ai maybe) messing

up the pull but backup smokers were in place until he miraculously went poof and was in the

safe room instantly (passed the closed door even!) and the round ended.

OK I am sure if the logs say it wasn't an admin teleport then it wasn't. Question is, what was it?

As far as other admins, just one other time did all our infected get slayed by an admin but it didn't

help their situation so I never thought much about it at the time. It was a seriously unbalanced game

so I wouldn't call any foul there.

I'm just cranky cause it was a good game on both sides.

mind you i was incaaped in an elevator once with another guy and then the elevator went up and we where stuck in the middle and then we where teleported back the the beginning saferrom after typing !stuck and then auto died 10 secs after that was fun :/

It's a bit surprising no one thinks what I say happened actually happened.

More interesting that admins start jerking my chain

when I join to play and jab at me about "admin hacks".

Guess I touched a subject that shall not be mentioned. Case closed then.

More interesting that admins start jerking my chain

when I join to play and jab at me about "admin hacks".

If someone's joking about it and you think they're going to far, let us know

I know what you talking about Ooog and can assure you it wasn't a Admin nor a !stuck command. This is glitch that happens randomly if a person is being attack continuously or buys a heal after incapped. It happen to me twice before on this server and both while I was getting charge multiple times or bought a heal.

(edited)
It's a bit surprising no one thinks what I say happened actually happened.

Don't be hurt. I was just surprised as i was online all day and didn't see any admin playing left 4 dead, also knowing that most admins wouldn't be available today.

Also in about 90% of the cases where somebody claims an admin did something for personal gain, it turns out there's a logical explanation. I got yelled at once by non-members and members alike, for pausing the game. Someone was stuck in the charger glitch, and i couldn't see the survivor name, nor the person stuck. I didn't want to have to slay infected because they were right at the only chokepoint that round.

I ended up having to slay them anyway and tried to give the infected some points as compensation. This all happened in a timespan of about one minute. After that both my own team and the infected team were screaming admin abuse at me.

So yes: when someone claims an admin is abusing his powers, we tend to give the admin the benefit of the doubt, at least until everything is clear. It's not about valuing the opinion of an admin over that of a member, it's about giving both parties a chance to explain before jumping to conclusions.

Edited by TheDude
  • Like 2

yea i dont think it was an admin, i was one of the smokers pulling him. He probably glitched to the floor from the tremendous gang bang he was in and conveniently teleported to the safe

• Like 2

I looked more carefully at the logs, and I really don't see anything explaining what happened. It does seem Mexican Cowboy was confused when the round ended.

There is no log of anyone using the sm_stuck command, nor the sm_teleport command.

L 06/15/2013 - 14:30:29: [l4d2scores.smx] [sCORE] Round 1 end, round scores: A: 0, B: 725

06/15/13 14:30:31: mexican cowboy<0:16481922>

<0:339305>

The !stuck command only teleports the person who typed that to the last checkpoint the Survivors reached. It wouldn't teleport them to the saferoom, just at the 75% mark.

If they're stuck in the level geometry and the game detects that, the game will auto-teleport them to another Survivor. That teleport is written into the game.

I looked more carefully at the logs, and I really don't see anything explaining what happened. It does seem Mexican Cowboy was confused when the round ended.

There is no log of anyone using the sm_stuck command, nor the sm_teleport command.

L 06/15/2013 - 14:30:29: [l4d2scores.smx] [sCORE] Round 1 end, round scores: A: 0, B: 725

06/15/13 14:30:31: mexican cowboy<525><STEAM_1:0:16481922><> executes: say "lolwut"

06/15/13 14:30:34: Console<0><Console><Console> executes: setpause

06/15/13 14:30:35: <SK> | Wonka<881><STEAM_1:0:339305><> executes: say "hacks"

Logs ... ?

Oh heck no! Project Prism, what is this the NSA snooping on our L4D2 games aswell?

Jackie/Admins admit it we are all being watched.

• Like 3

06/15/13 14:30:31: mexican cowboy<0:16481922>

<0:339305>

!