[BUG] Invisible spitter

Fenix

So was playing on the Sacrifice map tonight, and as a survivor I saw a trail of spit on the ground just running around in this room, but no spitter to shoot at. at first I thought it was an animation bug because the spitter was on the roof, but then spit appeared in the room I was in without any spit animation (ball of spit flying through the air). So I went into spec mode because I thought it was a player hacking. My team lost, and the other survivors went. I saw the same thing happen again but this time in the boat hangar of the same map. I couldn't get a demo of it in time, but a survivor bot killed it.

It's pretty easy to spot them if they are running around in circles making a spit animation on the ground, but I was letting bullets fly in that direction, and nothing died. I'll try and see if I can get a pic of it or something.

I kinda doubt that would be a hack... Theres no code in l4dd2 (that I know of) that would make an infected invisible. Let alone a way for the client to trick the server into making them invisible. When did this happen?