Open letter to VALVe

walkingCat

Most of us play Competitive Match Making (CMM). One of the things that makes it quiet disturbing and we cannot avoid is cheaters/hackers.

I have an idea of how to decrease number of hackers in CMM. Overwatch is a nice feature and it does help a lot, but it seems doesn't stop a cheating/hacking person from buying a new account and do it again. What if we send a letter to VALVe with a proposal:

to: VALVe, CS:GO team,

We are the people of the CS:GO community hereby propose to make a new update to the game, which will lock Competitive Match Making for users with new CS:GO accounts to play, until they reach certain amount of hours (120-200 hours) on Casual/ArmRace/Deathmatch/Demolition/Public servers. If a person is new to CS:GO, this will be a good practice time. Thus this feature will prevent most of the amateur cheaters/hackers to get a new game after getting banned. Also, an actual ban will regain its meaning.

List of supporters:

walkingCat SteamID...

As you already understand, this is just the idea. I need you to edit, polish, revise it and add your own thoughts and ideas. With your help we can improve CS:GO CMM.

P.S. I know my grammar suckz.

Edited by walkingCat
  • Like 1

Most of us play Competitive Match Making (CMM). One of the things that makes it quiet disturbing and we cannot avoid is cheaters/hackers.

I have an idea of how to decrease number of hackers in CMM. Overwatch is a nice feature and it does help a lot, but it seems doesn't stop a cheating/hacking person from buying a new account and do it again. What if we send a letter to VALVe with a proposal:

to: VALVe, CS:GO team,

We are the people of the CS:GO community hereby propose to make a new update to the game, which will lock Competitive Match Making for users with new CS:GO accounts to play, until they reach certain amount of hours (120-200 hours) on Casual/ArmRace/Deathmatch/Demolition/Public servers. If a person is new to CS:GO, this will be a good practice time. Thus this feature will prevent most of the amateur cheaters/hackers to get a new game after getting banned. Also, an actual ban will regain its meaning.

List of supporters:

walkingCat SteamID...

As you already understand, this is just the idea. I need you to edit, polish, revise it and add your own thoughts and ideas. With your help we can improve CS:GO CMM.

P.S. I know my grammar suckz.

"to: VALVe, CS:GO team,

We, the people of the CS:GO community, hereby propose to implement a new update to the game, which will lock Competitive Match Making for users with new CS:GO accounts until they reach a certain amount of hours (120-200 hours) playing on Casual/ArmsRace/Deathmatch/Demolition/Public servers. If a person is new to CS:GO, these allotted hours will serve as a good time for practice. Thus, this feature will prevent a number of the amateur cheaters/hackers from acquiring a new game after being banned and will restore or increase the effectiveness and meaning of an actual ban.

List of supporters:

walkingCat SteamID..."

I revised but did not add anything.

• Like 1

Three things that immediately come to my mind.

1.) 120-200 hours is an insane amount of hours to force someone to play to unlock one of the main features in a game they bought. I only have 42 hours in CS:GO and if I had to play another 80 hours to play on competitive servers I would never get there.

2.) Putting main features of a game behind a time wall may stop people from buying it if that's the part of the game they want to play. It wouldn't be smart of Valve to push people away from their product by putting main features behind a wall.

3.) A lot of people playing CS:GO played Source or 1.6. Just because they don't have 100+ hours in CS:GO doesn't make them complete newbies to Counter-Strike.

Edited by VooDooPC
  • Like 1

What is to stop me from having my own server and idling for 4 days straight?

I think you would be much more successful if you had something along the lines of your rank can only go so high based on the number of hours you have logged. I have no idea what the scale should be, but a person who has only played the game for 5 hours should not be able to rank up to double AK status.... but then again. What is to stop me from idling in my own server for 4 days?

Edited by NOFX

In INFESTATION: survivor stories they have dedicated veterans only servers for 100 + hours players only. That helps avoided the hackers a ton. Maybe they could split there servers if you have a all vet lobby where you can play all vet players that way you can skew it way past 100 hours. I'd like to see 300 hours min would be awesome

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

What is to stop me from having my own server and idling for 4 days straight?

I think you would be much more successful if you had something along the lines of your rank can only go so high based on the number of hours you have logged. I have no idea what the scale should be, but a person who has only played the game for 5 hours should not be able to rank up to double AK status.... but then again. What is to stop me from idling in my own server for 4 days?

ya but think if you're really good at the game you'd be punishing the normal low ranked players with this :blink2: