Survivor !giveaway points idea

Limi

I find sometimes that a lot of people are asking for points and I just don't have the time to type it out or use the menu quickly (on my lag it's about 1 second per menu option), especially when its 3-4 people at the same time say during a tank fight.

I'd like to see a way for me to just !giveaway (!ga) as many points as possible, and it can attempt to distribute my points through to people who have used !np.

Example... I have 20 points, player A, B have used !np 5 and player C has used !np 2. I type !giveaway, it gives 5 points to both A and B, and 2 to C, leaving me with 8.

However this has to be done in a specific order, the player asking for the least number of points goes first, this is so that instead of one player say asking for 15 and getting a full 15, you could distribute 15 points across as many players as possible, the theory being that it's better to distribute as you may get more people standing instead of one standing.

It will also have to take time asked (for same point value) in order, so a player who asked for 1 point 10 seconds ago gets it before the player who asked for 1 point 5 seconds ago. (If someone !np 2 10seconds ago, someone who !np 1 5seconds ago would get the 1 point first.)

Dying should reset your (auto) !np to zero so that the system won't accidentally give points to a dead player. If players want to do that, they should use !sp manually.

As an extension I'd like to see this happen periodically for dead players that have points. Every X seconds (after a threshold has passed so that if a player is trying to collect points they won't be given away) it attempts to !giveaway their points until they have none remaining. We've had a lot of new players, and regularly seeing 20+ points while dead gets frustrating.

I think this would be a good addition, what do you guys think?

Didn't jackie code his own !sp menu that makes things a lot more efficient and faster?

I find typing is faster, especially since I have to visually scan the menu to find then, then 2 more options for points. Think 4 menu navigation options to actually send?

Yeah I haven't used it much but I know Jackie made something to try to speed up point sending. I know that a community point pool has been discussed before and people had some concerns that it could be abused and griefed easily. Plus people might been a bit peeved if one player is constantly drawing from it? Also if a community pool is implemented then people would actually have to send points to it as well. I usually don't have an issue with sending points to players who ask for it, its the players who have no knowledge of the system that cause the most problems. I do like the idea of it though, if it works.

Edited by BlackYoshi

Very nice idea. I think it would be better if it is !giveaway <point> so you can give away your extra instead of your whole point. Also, it should have a timeout so if someone !np 1 min ago, it will reset to 0

Speaking of point, do you think it is possible to temporary cache the point for the round so if someone crashes and rejoin, they would get the point back

Edited by Protomanx13

Very nice idea. I think it would be better if it is !giveaway <point> so you can give away your extra instead of your whole point.

Yeah that would be a nice adjustment.

i vote heavily against the second option because i know i can distribute my points better than a first come first serve code can. maybe turn it on for non members.

I'm having trouble following the thread here, second option?

I'm not suggesting this replace the !sp system.

i meant your second suggestion with the auto sending of points of dead players

Ah right, I'd probably suggest that only occurs if the player hasn't used the point system at all. It's just to get points that are locked up in players who don't know or don't care.

• Like 1