Banned for saying the truth?

Covalent

I was with other people, and I had an admin saying I was rushing.  Which I was not, I had at least 3 people behind me on the L4D2 server.  I believe I was on Gamrs.co | !buy 101v10 #1 server.

I was with my friend Evelyn, and even she was with me, along with other people.  I believe at least 4 people were right near by.  We were not rushing.

Then I have the admin yelling over mic saying "Covalent stop rushing you-" and his mic cut off, to which I said back on my mic, "I'm with other people, I am not rushing you dick.".

Thus I was banned.  Not sure for how long, but it seems a bit excessive.  I didn't even know he was an admin.  I was always with other people, so I was not rushing.

I am going to apologize for saying dick, though.  The rest I really don't know what to say, seems a little bit unfair to be a ban.  A kick, maybe, but a ban seems to be harsh.

I usually play on the server with a couple friends, too, and they all say it's a wonderful server.  So I always join with them.  We have a great time typically working together, and I'm usually talking with them on Skype.

Forgot to include my Steam ID:

STEAM_1:1:12819008 

Edited by Covalent

Just because you are with a group, doesn't mean you are not rushing.  There are 10 players, leaving any behind is rushing.  However, the admin that banned you will address the situation.

Your language toward the admin alone warrants a ban, regardless of your opinion as to whether or not you were rushing.  But again, the admin can address this.

Just because you are with a group, doesn't mean you are not rushing.  There are 10 players, leaving any behind is rushing.  However, the admin that banned you will address the situation.

Your language toward the admin alone warrants a ban, regardless of your opinion as to whether or not you were rushing.  But again, the admin can address this.

I get that my language was unwarranted.  I am sorry for that.  I just kind of started playing on the server with my friends as well after being re-introduced to L4D2 after a 1 year hiatus.  I'm not trying to play the newbie card, but I didn't exactly know what'd qualify as rushing ahead with other people would qualify as.

Hi and welcome to the forums

You were not banned for saying the truth.  You were rushing.   Parish (the map with the trailer event) - you were at saferoom with one person when the rest of your team were still trying to get through at the building.  I told you to stop rushing and you did, but you began rushing again, which is when you said, "I'm with other people, calm your dick".

Unless a Board Member thinks otherwise, I'm inclined to let the ban for 1 day stand.  If this happens again, your ban will be for longer.

Please follow the guidelines

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/?p=421793

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/?p=518168

With 10 Survivors opposed to the game's supposed-to-have 4, rushing is a far more severe thing a team can do.  Leaving even one player behind to die usually can spell death for the Survivors.  It's something an admin has to make very quick decisions on because of how fast paced the server can get at times.  If a group of 5 people leave another group of 5 behind, that group in front could all get banned.  It may sound harsh, and it is, but rushing is one of the things that will kill the game for a lot of people and we have to take action against it as soon as possible.

Rush as a team or not at all.

Also, it's not wise to insult people on the server because odds are, it will make it to an admin who in turn will take action against it.  I'll lift the ban, but please be careful in the future.

• Like 1