Thoughts on reduce infected spawn timer upgrade.

ctrlfrk

I think that this upgrade is a really good way for the infected to ramp up their power level as the game progresses, much like how survivors get more powerful as they buy laser sights and AKs. 

My suggestion is fairly small:

Instead of 25 points for 10% reduction, make it 5 points for 2% reduction, purchasable 5 times.

This will give new players something to buy to help out the team instead of them upping boomer limits or whatever it is they do now.

(From the previous thread someone mentioned that the spawn timer might not accept fractional values, so some upgrade steps might actually make a 0% difference, and other would make more. I don't think that really matters. The key is that multiple players can work towards the lower spawn timer rather than it having to be just one player who would probably prefer to save their 25points towards a tank)

what lookback said.

also, do coders/l4d2admins have a to do list whit the server posted somewhere? like, doing, not doing, plant on doing lists?

that would be neat, it would also avoid reapeating questiong/sugestions that arent happening never.

what lookback said.

also, do coders/l4d2admins have a to do list whit the server posted somewhere? like, doing, not doing, plant on doing lists?

that would be neat, it would also avoid reapeating questiong/sugestions that arent happening never.

I would, but I randomly just come up with stuff to add at times and I just do it and I'm the only one coding the points plugin so making a list of what I plan on doing wouldn't do much good.

Instead of 25 points for 10% reduction, make it 5 points for 2% reduction, purchasable 5 times.

Because the spawn times works off of a whole number than a x.x number, it wouldn't make much of a difference if someone bought it a couple times because the minimum spawn time would be at 14 for like 3 purchases.  Honestly, I want to make what people buy feel valuable rather than a minute change they cannot visually see and tell the difference if they bought it or not.

• Like 1

Because the spawn times works off of a whole number than a x.x number, it wouldn't make much of a difference if someone bought it a couple times because the minimum spawn time would be at 14 for like 3 purchases.  Honestly, I want to make what people buy feel valuable rather than a minute change they cannot visually see and tell the difference if they bought it or not.

I mentioned that in the comment at the end of my post. It might not make an immediate difference, but you're still contributing towards getting the eventual max reduction. It feels more rewarding than just herpderping around till one of the high pouncers gets a tank and wins it for you. 

I'll think of other ways to rework it.  It's the main reason I added all these little extra upgrades was to let people who didn't want to buy Tanks still let them buy stuff for their team.  I just don't think that doing incremental percent reductions is going to be as effective as I would like it to be.  I'll definitely look into how to make it cheaper, but allow repeated purchases.

An idea I just came up with how to rework it was your first purchase of the upgrade reduces the maximum timer by 1 second.  Second time you buy it, it reduces the minimum timer by 1 second, and keeps alternating until it's bought 5-6 times.  That way it's semi-noticeable, but would let you purchase it multiple times.

• Like 2

That would be good! I like the incremental approach, as is done with class upgrades (that rarely get bought anymore it seems).

Check this out. Class upgrades are some of the top purchases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tbyg8zoepcB8nrsmmEMLrlg/htmlview

I would like to see continual but separate data pools so we can see trends over time rather than just updating a singular document. I hope that makes sense. If that option is available and I missed it, excuse my comment.